Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday


Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay. You might have guessed that nothing got any better after my last post. It has taken us this long to recover from last night.
To sum it up, Mark never got good pain relief, his pressures never got any better, and we didn't get any sleep. By this morning, we were both so exhausted we could hardly think. Judy reserved a late check out on the hotel room so that I could get cleaned up and rest. I am so thankful. I think I can be a little more rational now. I think we have been so blessed through all of this. This was our reminder of how fortunate we have been.
Things are looking up. Dr. Crim was back on today and he changed some things up to get Mark headed in a better direction. He added another non-narcotic pain medicine to take with the Morphine. It's working. Mark looks better, feels so much better and is resting more soundly. Praise God. The doctor suspects that the blood pressure is related to his hydration. He suggested hydration may be difficult to control with the location of the ostomy. He has given fluid boluses. His urine looks 100% better, but his blood pressures remain low. They will continue to monitor that. His lab was normal this am and they just drew more lab a few minutes ago.
As I said, things are looking up today and the sun is shining. He still has a thumbs up. He is still in the ICU and I suspect he will sleep most of the day as he catches up on some much needed rest.
Thanks for all of the prayers. They carry us on this roller coaster ride. I know it is difficult to wait for updates. I think I can get back in the swing now with some rest. We love you all. Missy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO good to see that thumbs-up from Mark in spite of his rough night! Can't wait to see how great he looks after some decent rest! Thank you for that encouragement to 'us!' With all the new info, I'm starting a new prayer from here (Burk) so that we can can focus on an easy swift recovery, a great report from pathology, and some much needed rest for everybody (esp. Missy!) Hang in there, Mark! We love you all!--janet

Anonymous said...

missy, thanks for the posts - so sorry you had a rough night - i am praying for a more restful night tonight (for both of you)- improved blood pressure, and rapid recovery all together! - it is so nice to be able to stay connected from so far away - thank again for taking the time to post - love, anna berend

Anonymous said...

I guess I should have stayed a little while longer!! Remind Mark that he was to behave while he was there. Missy, you know you can't help him if you are run down. Take care of yourself too! Call for help, there is a lot us who can come! Our prayers are with you for rest and recovery. Deanna

Anonymous said...

I will go to bed tonight praying for a better night for you both.
Love you, Ray and Dorothy