Thursday, January 8, 2009

Less than a week.


I wish I could say that I was ready. I am getting there. After Saturday we should be great. We are asking for more prayers again. It seems we have been doing this a great deal over the last several months. We learned news yesterday of Mark's cousin who is newly diagnosed colon cancer. We hope that God will shower many blessings on Susan and all of the Brown family and that he will give them peace during this time of waiting and decision for a plan.
We will be leaving for Irving on Monday afternoon. We are hoping to meet with the kids and then head out. We will stay at the Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas Monday night and are scheduled to be at the hospital at 6:00am on Tuesday. The surgery is being done at Baylor Medical Center at Irving. We are told the procedure will take at least 3 and 1/2 hours and the hospital stay to be approx one week to ten days. It goes without saying that "everything is subject to change." I will have the computer to update and will do so frequently that day to keep everyone informed. I will do that on this site. That is what Mark prefers, and it keeps me from having to something new on the computer!.
We are so lucky to have so many people to help with the kids. We have more offers than we can even keep up with. Tessa and Donna are going to be staying at the house with the kids. Tessa will stay the first part of the week and Donna will stay the last half of next week. They are so wonderful to do this so the kids don't have to go from place to place. I will leave many numbers and a calendar as best I can for them, and have spoken with others who can help out on the spur of the moment. The kids will be in great hands. Thank you all.
Running late have to get kids to school and myself to work. More later, Missy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS YOU !!

I LOVE YOU GUYS

NELDA

Anonymous said...

Mark and Missy,
You guys are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the county show went well and that everyone just had a fun time.
Mark, I hope that you will feel a sense of calm and peace and you undertake surgery and that your recovery will go as expected.
Missy, if there is anything I can do for you guys, please know that I am more than willing to help.
Love ya,
Betty and Ronnie

gwen said...

Dear Mark and Missy,
Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. As you begin this,know that our Lord is walking with you through this journey. Please be safe driving and hurry home to us on your way to healing and getting on with your life.
Bless you both.
With Love,
Gwen Morman

Anonymous said...

Dear Mark,Missy & Family,
It is the WEE hours of Sunday AM.
Unable to sleep, so up to undress
yet ANOTHER tree...29 down 2 to go!
Wanted you to know that David & your "Auntie Nelda" are behind you
110%. I know that there is "NOTHING that I can PHYSICALLY"
do to help but know that you are constantly in my thoughts & prayers
and if LOVE could "HEAL ALL"....
then "HEAL ALL" there would be.
I am here if you should need me...
FOR ANYTHING.
as always...I LOVE YOU GUYS ! ! !
In My Heart In My Thoughts and
In My Prayers,
Auntie Nelda

Sheila said...

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Bill and Sheila

Anonymous said...

I hope there is some bread or coffee cake left. I've got to try it. Love to you, Donna