Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Afternoon

Mark saw the Doctor today. Still not our surgeon, but he had talked with Dr. Crim who will be back tomorrow. We still have no definite, but are thinking that he may possibly be discharged tomorrow. He has changed rooms. He is in #470. I feel sorry for them having to move all our things. We had kind of made a home in that little room. Mark tells me this one is half as big and he is working on getting a chair! I think those things must be scarce at this hospital. He is still doing well and we are just trying to line things up for going home. The big question everyone is asking is "Can he eat?" Everyone should feel better to know he had a hamburger yesterday and tolerated it very well. He may come across things that don't settle very well, but he will learn of those along the way. The whole thing is a large learning process. God just wants us to be so smart!

Justin (my nephew) is also doing well. I found out this morning that they removed a third of his colon. Much more than I expected. I don't know if he realizes how lucky he is. I am sure he is crushed by the timing of all of this, but I know that he is blessed by the medical intervention that he received. I think God probably has pretty big plans for him too. We may have to wait 'til later for that, but more immediately we are looking forward to know who wins the staple contest! He and Mark are going to count to see who has more. Now that is a couple of boys who are feeling better. WooooooHoooooooo.

We will let you know when we get a plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if Mark was playing Fruit Basket Turnover or what today, but he has a way with the women when it comes to getting the room he wants!!! Looking forward to good news of going home tomorrow, little bro. I love Ya! Judy