Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Night Update

I like Friday Night Lights better than Friday night update, but this will have to do. Friday continued to be a good day. Mark got out of bed and walked in the halls. I didn't get to see, but it sounds as if it was a semi jog. When I got there to watch him, he was already getting back in bed. He used a walker today, but they said he will probably do it himself tomorrow. He gets up in the room just fine. Pain is getting better. He is using less pain medicine all the time.

We had some more teaching today on his illeostomy. We were sure glad, because neither of us were very coherent last time they came.

I shouldn't have layed down to type. I have found myself dozing. I will make it brief. We enjoyed all of our visits with friends and family today and thanks to everyone for their wonderful thoughts, gifts, and cards. Love to all, Missy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on all the blogs about Mark, we had heard about his illness through my brother Billy Welch, but didn't know he was having surgery until a friend text me tonight and told me they had been to see Mark and the family. I am so glad everything is going good and Mark is feeling better, we will definitely keep him and the family in our prayers. We grew up with Mark and family, but family moved when my little brother Gary was in High School, anyway my name is Donna Welch Watson, please tell Mark that Donna and Wanda are praying for him and your family.
Donna Welch Watson

Anonymous said...

Hey Deputy Don,
This here is Jesse. I tried to send a comment yesterday but as far as I can tell, it didn't go through. I ain't really known for my smarts you know. Sure hope you continue to get better. Sounds like you had a good day today and hope tomorrow is even better. We continue to pray for you and all of the family. Hang in there and keep the faith! Prayers are being answered!

Tim

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!
Just wanted you to know that we are so thankful that things are going smoothly!!! We continue to pray for you!
We love you!
Susan and Jay