Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Everyone warm?

It is soooooo cold. Nelda, you must know that some rooms are definitely warmer than others! One bright note is that the "girls" room is not near as frigid as it used to be. I remember not even worrying about dessert because it was too cold in the room to go looking for the dessert!

Mark and I got out of the house today. Mark insisted that he was going to drive to WF. A big thanks to Chris, Donna, Austin and Landon who shoveled a road through the huge drifts of snow so we could get the pick-up out. We ran a few errands, did a little work, and got to visit with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a pretty good day and he has felt fairly well today.

We heard fro Dr. Diaz this evening. The snow has ended there and I 40 has re-opened. He plans to leave at 3-4am. He says this will put him at 287 at approx 9 am. We pray he will have an uneventful trip here.

The kids are out yet another day tomorrow. I think they are a little stir crazy as well. Austin actually said he might be ready to go back to school!

Hope all is well for everyone. Love to all, Missy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have heard from Dr.Diaz ! He sounds determined. I like that in a Doctor, don't you ? David & I got out today & walked to the Baumhardt's. I almost fell a couple of times...did You know that black Ice is slippery? Imagine that! And a cane is USELESS !!! Felt good walking there but the return trip was kinda tough. Am passing the time by coloring & I even did a little crocheting ! Glad you got to visit with your Grandparents. I miss ours. Since it is 11:39pm I guess I better get some shut eye.
Stay warm and hugs all round.
Love you,as always.In my heart etc
Auntie n

Anonymous said...

Dr. Diaz would probably be amazed if he knew how many people were praying for his traveling grace and safety! I think maybe we should have also been praying for that "someone" who went out walking on the ice with her cane!
We love you all very much and continue to lift you up to our Heavenly Father every waking moment! Love Big Sis

Anonymous said...

Thank you Big Sis !!! I laughed until I cried when I read about
"THE SOMEONE"! I think she "MAY" be a little stubborn but I bet "SHE" had a good time ! I am sure she Thanks you for the prayers
Hope The good Dr.Diaz has made it safely to the House on The HILL in Scotland. Am anxiuos to hear about his thoughts & treatment. So far it sounds very interesting.
Stay warm sweet family-sending out prayers for you & your Doctor.
Love you,
auntie n
PS-you too Big Sis