Monday, February 21, 2011

Catching up.

I can see I have much catching up to do. It has been a while. I do apologize, I just can't keep up sometimes. The blood was great. Unfortunately the wait to get it was a little exhausting. There was almost instant relief, and he even said he felt better the next day, but then he was back to very tired again. Dr Diaz was here through Saturday. His treatments were very limited over the last 3 days due to Mark's lack of tolerance for any activity. He was pleased with a couple of things as he left. He feels that Mark's jaundice has improved slightly. He says that the tumor that he has been palpating since the day he met Mark was unchanged. He says that there is some passage of bile through the liver and he is pleased that Mark has been able to eat without nausea or vomiting He left instructions for care while he was gone and promised to keep up with how we were doing regularly.

By Sunday, Mark had great difficulty getting going in the morning. He feels he doesn't have the strength or energy to keep up with his nutrition, supplementing, and treatments. It was a very emotional morning at the Brown house, but it was nice to have some quiet time with the kids to visit and answer questions. Doing so brought a certain peace in the house. Mark can relax now knowing that if he doesn't have the energy to get up, he doesn't have to. If he is not hungry, he does not have to eat, and especially something that doesn't taste good to him! He had a great day with visitors. The kids and I got to see him laughing, visiting, playing dominoes, holding our newest nephew, and actually enjoying himself. Thanks to everyone who lifted his spirits on Sunday. Today was a fairly quiet day, and tomorrow we see about taking care of a broken sternal wire that is causing Mark a great deal of discomfort.

Thank you God for all you have provided for us along this not so yellow brick road. We know so many good people who have taken such good care of us. Thank you for placing each one in our lives at just the right time as you carry out your plan. Please God, give us wisdom and give us strength as I cannot forsee how I can possibly find the magnitude of strength necessary within myself.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SWEET MISSY FOR THESE WONDERFUL UPDATES. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY MEAN TO PEOPLE LIKE ME.THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO VISIT, STOP BY FOR A MINUTE, GIVE YOU A HUG,SAY "I LOVE YOU" FACE TO FACE. NOT KNOWING IF,WHAT OR WHEN IS A GOOD TIME TO STOP BY. I KNOW HOW INCREDIBLY TIRED YOU ARE ! JUST KNOW THAT I AM A PHONE CALL AWAY.
I HAVE SPENT THE LAST COUPLE OF THREE DAYS MAKING MARDI GRAS MASKS.
IT STARTED OUT AS A PROJECT FOR ROLLING MEADOWS. TO GIVE THE RESIDENTS SOME IDEAS FOR OUR "MASK MAKING" PARTY. IT HAS NOW TURNED INTO A "MONEY MAKER" PROJECT FOR THE "HOME & GARDEN" SHOW. I AM USING THINGS THAT I HAVE AROUND THE HOUSE. SUCH AS, MY FALL GARLAND,ANY WILD FLOWERS THAT ARE HIDING IN MY "SUPRISE" CLOSET. I EVEN TORE APART A CHRISTMAS ARRANGEMENT YESTERDAY ! I THINK THAT ONE IS THE BEST SO FAR !! NEED TO GO BUY MORE BLANK MASK TODAY.
ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU MISSY. I LOVE YOU. YOU KNOW THAT I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR LITTLE FAMILY.
AUNTIE N

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the new info. My heart crys out for you. May God bless you.I thank God for having you in my life. Take good care of yourdelf Missy as Mark and the children need you! You are the rock that holds your family togather. Do call me if I can help in any way.
Always in my heart
Sandy C

Jessi Manry (Ryan) said...

I met Mark when I worked in the lab at the hospital some years back. He was my supervisor, and I consider him a dear friend. His personality can just light up a room. He's an amazing man. Just wanted to let you all know I'm thinking of you, and praying for you. Please tell Mark that "Jessi Lou" said hi, and I'm praying for him, and you Missy, and the kiddos. He is such an inspiration. You all are.... Thanks for keeping us all updated. Much love and prayers to all of you..
Jessi

Anonymous said...

I love you sis. You are all in my heart and prayers everyday. Wish I could be closer! Just call - I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Yall are in our prayers! We love yall all...Love Adam,Natalea,and Nora

Anonymous said...

Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Susan, Jay and the boys

Anonymous said...

Missy I just wish there was something I could do for you all. We have had Mark and your family on our prayer list at church and praying for peace, comfort, and strength for all of you.
How blessed they are to have a wife and mother that is so devoted and strong. Keep the Faith and know that we will do anything for you guys!!
Many Prayers and Hugs!
The Dunford's

Anonymous said...

SWEET DREAMS ALL AROUND THE HOUSE ON THE HILL. SENDING LOVE,HUGS AND
KISSES TO THE BROWN FAMILIES !
LOVE YOU GUYS.
AS ALWAYS,IMH,IMT & IMP,
AUNTIE N

Anonymous said...

Mark & Missy--God will give you and your family strength to get through the times ahead. The way the strength will be "delivered" to you is by way of your friends and family, who love you all so much. We will strive to be a comfort to you. Much love from the Smith family of Munday (James, Millie, Leslie, Marshall, Julie and Me/Wilda). We're praying.

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say WE LOVE THE BROWNS. We continue to pray for God to fill your days with HIS presence. HIS strength is Perfect!! Jerry and Wanda