Saturday, June 26, 2010

Finally

So, I have said before that no news is good news, and that is typically true. And, sometimes, no news is that the news reporter just doesn;t know what to write! I can do this because I am not getting paid you see. Good thing I don't work for the newspaper. I would be FIRED. Let's make it short and sweet. Cancer sucks! Okay, I have refrained for so long from saying that. Whew I feel better now. Sorry if anyone is offended. Oh yah, short and sweet. It has been a long trying, stressful and exhausting week. IT has been a roller coaster of up and down not only physically, but emotionally/mentally as well. Mark was incredibly tired after the first treatment and with a little relief from that followed with an ulcer in the back of his throat making it difficult to swallow, eat, sleep, etc. He broke out the old meds we had left from the last go around and has found some relief. The last couple of days have been a little better. I am going to copy a little bit of my Berend Family reunion submission to let you know our latest thoughts without retyping them.
" Mark said it last night that cancer is a thief. He is right. It robs you of lot of time, a lot of energy, a lot of health, a lot of money, a lot of pride, and it seems to consume your whole existence. But it is only temporary as are we. Only God is forever and that is where we keep our eyes set – on forever."

We are on day 1 1/2 of no kids. AAAGGGHHHH. I miss them so, but they are having a great time down south with my sisters and the kids. I just hated having them home alone while we are working, so this makes me feel a lot better. What we would do without all of the assistance?! Like I said, a lot of pride out the window. Only thankfulness for what God has given us in so many awesome friends and family.

To close, I don't keep too many forwards. Heck, truth is, sometimes I might not even open them. I sure did appreciate this one, short and to the point and right on!


Awesome!! We complain about the cross we bear but don't realize
it is preparing us for the dip in the road that God can see and we can't.

Whatever your cross, whatever your pain,
there will always be sunshine, after the rain....

Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall;
But God's always ready, to answer your call....

He knows every heartache, sees every tear,
a word from His lips, can calm every fear...

Your sorrows may linger, throughout the night,
But suddenly vanish, dawn's early light...

The Savior is waiting, somewhere above,
to give you His grace, and send you His love...

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.

Thanks Darrin
Love to all, Missy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy and Mark,
Thanks for keeping everyone updated. My thoughts and prayers are with you always.
betty

Anonymous said...

Just want to assure everyone that the Brown kids are doing well! We have survived the skating rink, without any broken bones and the lake without drowning. They miss mom and dad a lot - but are enjoying the time with aunts, uncles and cousins.
Deanna

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys You never stop missing them when they are gone,(even when they are grown) but enjoy this quiet time together! Before you know it, the summer will be winding down and the whirlwind will begin again. You are in our prayers and thoughts many times a day! We love you very much! Big Sis and Mr. Donnie

Anonymous said...

IT'S RAINING ! IT'S RAINING !!
YEE HAW !! My flowers are CLAPPING,
they are enjoying their drink
tremendously !!!!! Trees & grass are also HAPPY ! (:.)
SOOOO AM I !!! ! !
Hope everyone has had a great weekend. I am sure Austin,Landon &
Miss Abby are having a great time..
especially with the BIGGEST KID of allll! Their Aunt Donna Lynn !!!
I can hear the laughter now ....
and see the twinkle in Donna Lynn
and Abby's eyes....or is that mischeiviousness ?????
Hope that this NEW WEEK is a GOOD week for everyone.
Deanna you are the best,taking on 3
more kids !! Enjoy them while you have THEM. Love & prayers from
Auntie N

Anonymous said...

I know that the days since starting chemo have been rough. Know that God is still in control and He loves you and will carry you through this. Lil Sis

Anonymous said...

Weeeeelll, today was day 3 since the opening of the new POSADA POT store ! If everyone that stopped in today had bought something.....
WOW !!! What a day it would have been ! At least I wasn't bored.
Here's wishing all a SAFE and Happy
4th! If you are out and about with nothing to do COME SEE ME at the store!! 10am-6pm. Do ya THINK I have been PULLED out of RETIEMENT?!
Hope this finds the Brown Families doing OK. Think of you daily Mark and Missy. May your days get brighter and better.
I love you two as if you were my own. WHAT ??? You're NOT? Well, just get used to a Mothering Hen Sorta Aunt ! As Always
In My Heart In My Thoughts and
In My Prayers
Lots of love from Auntie N

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FIRECRACKER DAY !
LUV YA !
AUNTIE N