Monday, July 5, 2010

Latest on Mark

Gosh, we just returned from from a long weekend at Lake Whitney with the Berend Family Reunion, and I realized I hadn't updated since we started treatment #2. It started last Wednesday. On, Friday we removed his pump and headed to the lake. Thanks to all who made it possible for us to go and helped out so that Mark could just relax. The trip was challenging for him, mostly because he wanted to enjoy all that was going on, but didn't have a great deal of energy to do so. Fortunately, he was able to get lots of rest in the air conditioning and also to get out for meals and an occasional game of dominoes. As with last time he is very tired. We discussed this with the doctor last week and he said if it became to great a problem he could give him some steroids. He said it would help to give him more energy, but would result in a cratering effect when he took him off of it. Mark prefers to avoid any steroids if possible. He also filled all of Mark's prescriptions for his mouth sores (which he doesn't have so far this time - PLEASSE knock on wood), and for the increased nausea he has had. He looks really good and as usual, if you didn't know what was happening, you could never tell it on him.

We are hoping for a good second week prior to treatment #3. Thanks for all your prayers and support. Missy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys were able to go to the reunion. I sure hope some of Mark's domino time helped him get all the good secrets about 42. I could sure use them! We are praying for a good week for Mark(specifically for physical relief from side effects)! WE love you all very much and keep you close to our heart and constantly on our minds!
From The Oldest Sis

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO glad to hear from you !
Nothing new, same ole same ole.
Working at the new pot shop is tiring for me. But this week I will have help. Will be training Khristi Morath & Phyllis Pennartz the ins & outs of the store. ANY HINTS for me ?? I am starting ALL over again myself. New register, new credit card machine, new sales receipt pads...I wish I had a picture of our new store maskot for you to see.. a 6 foot Rooster ! David has been putting it closer to the Hyway with a hand painted sign "EAT MO BEEF!"...it will eventualy be put on top of the building. We are waiting for THE BRAVE SOUL to climb up there and stablize it ! ANY TAKERS ??
It is 1:45am & my eyelids are telling me it is time to stop for the day.......give each other a hug from your Auntie N. You are continuously in my thoughts & prayers. I Love You Guys !
ALL OF YOU ARE MY HERO !!
Love from Auntie N

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

Hang in there, Mark!
Love, Janet & John

Anonymous said...

Miss Janet, both of those verses fit ME PERFECT. Thank you for sending them to Mark so that I might benefit from them also !
All the Brown & Berend families have been in my upper most thoughts and prayers.
GOD IS GOOD ! HE will take care of us. JUST BELIEVE.
Love to my HERO's,
Auntie N

Anonymous said...

Much Love, lots of prayers
xxoo