Monday, July 26, 2010

New Week

Honestly, I really wasn't ready for the old week to end! Mark has had a great several days. He woke up Saturday morning like a new person. It was fabulous. I prayed it would last through work on Saturday until he got home. I went to the shop as well, and later we made Walmart and ended up at the grocery store at 9:00. A friend at the store said, "What are you both doing here so late?" We laughed and said we don't have any kids." He said, "and you come to the grocery store on Saturday night with no kids?" True, most people would probably opt for a night on the town, but we kept it pretty simple. Didn't want to ruin Mark's great day. So good in fact that we actually planned a trip to the lake with friends on Sunday - and followed through with it! WOOHOOOOO. We were there all day. We had perfect shade for Mark and his own personal mister. Good friends and good times and he even skied. I am only sad that the kids didn't get to enjoy it with us. Instead, they were having a great time of their own in Oklahoma City with my parents. Museums, river rides, the zoo, the memorial, bowling, swimming, etc.. I even hear there was a little bit of exercising. Life will seem boring ,I am sure, when they return!

You may have noticed that there was no post for a while. There actually is a legitimate reason for this. I have had no home computer. If anyone has a remedy for getting my windows to load, it would be greatly appreciated!!!! The computer comes on and starts to boot, but stalls when trying to load windows. I have started in the safe mode and have tried to restore to the last working time, but haven't had luck. Guess I will probably be forced to take a deep breath and take it to let someone else fix it. Aarrggghhh. Computers, love em and hate em. At any rate, the ipod is not my preference for posting.

This week brings chemo #4. To Dallas on Wednesday for that. So we'll make the most of Monday and Tuesday. Love to all, Missy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANTABULOUS NEWS !!!!So glad that you & Mark had such a great weekend. I bet he enjoyed the skiing but I also bet it wore him out ! But a GOOD kind of 'WORE OUT"
Keep up the good work you two.
love ya,
auntie n

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you guys had a great weekend!!! We've been praying for you guys!! Praying for a good week:)
Love you guys!
Susan

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful and went skiing! so good to hear that.Keeping all of you in my prayers.
Love you,Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

We forget to be thankful for the little things. In the big scheme of things a few good days are worthy of thanks. Thank you God for comfort and reprieve from chemo symtoms. I thank you for the healing you are performing as Mark sleeps, plays, works, and rests. Thank you God for the blessing in our lives, thank you for Mark.
Love you.
Lil Sis

Anonymous said...

So happy to know the 2 of you had some time just for you.We are still praying for you.Now
for your computer, David Weaver at Xtreme Technologies 767-9832. They did a very good job on my computer.
Have a good week and God Bless.
Always in my heart:)
Sandy C.

Anonymous said...

HAVE A SAFE TRIP TOMORROW. WILL THINK ABOUT YOU AS I SIT ALONG 287 IN FRONT OF THE STORE ROCKING. THOUGHT & PRAYER WILL COME EASILY.
LOVE YOU BUNCHES,
AUNTIE N

Anonymous said...

BE SAFE !
LOVE FROM AUNTI N

Anonymous said...

I pray all went well for Mark! Have a good weekend!
Always in my heart
Sandy C.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a WONDERFUL weekend! And many prayers for good reports to come! Love, Janet