Monday, July 19, 2010

My Dear Nelda, This one is for you.

Every time I see a comment from you I think to myself, "she is amazing". I am blown away by your support and your kind words and your tender heart. I wish I could respond every time. You remind me more of the energizer bunny than anyone I know. Even through your own trials, you somehow find the time and energy to keep up with us. It is truly a gift to us and we both hope you know how uplifting and encouraging it is. I just couldn't help but respond today to your comment on Mrs. Schreiber. You know we say all of the time what good medicine young children are. Their laughter, smile and genuineness can melt and mend even the hardest of hearts. I whole-heartily believe the same of the elderly. You have no idea what a joy it brings to me to get to spend time with my grandparents. Their smile, their joy to see you, their genuine concern for how you are doing today, and their pride in just having family to visit. I just joined grandpa for his check-up today, which he came to from his hour of swimming, which he will leave to catch some dominoes and lunch on his way north across the river- all at the young age of 96!!!!! Life is grand!!! Aging is a difficult process. To see my grandparents, Mrs. Schreiber, and many in Mark's family doing so with such vigor should be a challenge and inspiration to all of us young and old. Live life to the fullest and when you get old, just do it some more.

Give Mrs. Schreiber my best. Hope she is feeling well these days (it sounds like it!). And pardon my aging, (feeble mind) but what story might you be talking about?
All my love, Missy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for this beautiful (but un-necessary) tribute. As for your feeble mind-eh-no big deal. Back some time ago I wrote to Jim & Margie's God Children...(any inkling yet?} telling them of their upcoming 50th Anniversary,
(anything ?) and the party ???
and the special book...???
Dad Gummit Missy....am I going to have to spell it out ?!?!?
A funny story, a tribute,a memory..
surely by now you have remembered!
Am I going to have to write to Robyn Schreiber & Allison Schreiber
to remind them too ? You have until August 28th to come up with something. I know how busy you are and have more important things on your mind but..IF,IF you can come up with a little TIDBIT that you remember about the Baumhardt's & you, I would greatly appreciate it!
NOW,about your POST ! THANK YOU but
no need to make me out to be someone special. I am NO different from the next guy (or girl). I keep up with you & your gang
BECAUSE I LOVE YOU & CARE ABOUT YOU
Nothing more, nothing less.
Let's just say that I am amazed by
you & Mark. You are amazed by me.
OK SOOO that makes ALL OF US
PRETTY DARN AMAZING !!! hahahaha
RIGHT ?!?!???
So Be Good, Take Care, Hugs & Kisses all Around !
Many Prayers,
auntie n

Mark said...

AHHHHHH YES! That does help temendously. So sorry my memory fails - frequently. Funny, the same thoughts came to mind today as they did the day I got the e-mail. One of these days I will get them out of my head and on to paper - hopefully before I forget them!!! Much love, Missy

Anonymous said...

Missy I loved this story. I hope to be 96 and still young in my heart. Missy you are so kind and loveing, that it is a blessing to have you and your family in my life. God bless you, Mark and the children!
Always in my heart
Sandy C.

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Family & Friends,
Another Gloriously HOT day today !
Watered the yard & flowers this AM and again watering for 2 hrs this PM. I am DETERMINED to have a GREEN yard & pretty flowers come August 28th. That is when I am hosting A 50TH Anniversary Party for David's sister & her husband.
I sure hate to think that I will have to put FAKE FLOWERS in my gorgeous flowerbeds !! Heaven Forbid ! After the party I don't care what happens, I will have met MY GOAL !! SO here's to cooler days & RAIN !! Yee Haw !
Mark, if ya ever just want to sit & rock & watch the cars & trains go by..give me a call & we will go sit in front of POSADA POTS on 287.
I will even treat you to a BBQ meal and home made cobbler !
Sitting & rocking & watching is so very peaceful..I often fall asleep!
Sitting & rocking & watching & rocking & thinking & rocking & praying & rocking...you get in a rhythm..also calming !
Love you Mark & Missy Brown
Rocking & thinking & praying for you guys ! Forever in my heart.
Auntie N

Anonymous said...

Good Night Sweet People !
Sweet Dreams and a prosperous day
Love Auntie N

Anonymous said...

Boy What a day. 8 hours at the new store. Watching the traffic go by. Did have a little foot traffic today. Home to work on cleaning another room, Whew ! Just finished. It was my "ROOM OF ALL SEASONS" room.Christmas,Easter ,
Valentine's, Halloween etc was falling out of EVERY corner, the ceiling, closet & drawer, from under the bed & dresser !!!
The SEASONS are NOW under control.
The Nut Cracker Solders are nice & neat standing guard in one corner with the gift wrap. Little Christmas trees all in a row in another corner. Bed all fresh,nice & neat for any unexpected company.
6 ft tree all dressed in red at the ready to be plugged in. (It is one if several that stays up all
year round !) Swept & dusted.
BUT PLEASE I BEG YOU......
D O N O T O P E N T H E
C L O S E T D O O R S ! ! !
OR look under the bed...
On THAT note I will bid you a GOOD NIGHT ! Know that I love you guys and that you are forever on my mind and in my prayers.
As always, In My Heart,In My Thoughts and In My Prayers
auntie N

Anonymous said...

We are praying all is going well for you. Have a good weekend!
Bring the children over, so Landan can help Art clean the yard HA-HA!
We love and miss the children. Take care.
Always in my heart
Sandy C

Anonymous said...

Good Night Sweet Family.
Another week ends and another one begins. Hope yours was great.
Sweet Dreams
Love ya.
In My Heart, In My Thoughts and
In My Prayers,
auntie n