Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's a go.

Everything is set for tomorrow's visit to Baylor Medical Center in Dallas. Mark is doing fairly well today. He was very tired and just a little bit sore, but overall seems to be recovering quite well.

We received biopsy reports today. The reports confirmed that the cancer has spread from the primary colorectal cancer. This means that all of the cells came from the rectal tumor, into the lymph nodes and lymphatic system and were circulated to these other areas and began to grow there. And finally, it means that you treat for the primary cancer, not where the cancer is now located.

Okay, I know I have told you before what awesome friends and family we have, but it is really just over the top. We are blown away by how our friends and family have gathered to help us. Not only carting kids, sending cards, flowers and supportive notes, arranging activities for kids, visiting, cooking, baking, and entertaining, but even doing yard work, fixing tires, and planting flowers! Whew. I am certain I have left something out. We don't even have enough kind words to let you know what it means to us. Neither of us are real good with not being able to do it all ourselves, but you guys are making it so much easier. I kid you not, the Scotland fairies made over my poor barren, flower beds and then sent the male fairies over later to finish the yard work and odd jobs. (I call them fairies because they convenmiently showed when no one was home so they couldn't be identified easily!) You can't imagine the relief when Mark got home and realized it wasn't waiting on him anymore. And how beautiful it was, after the rain last night, to sit on the front porch and take it all in. God is good and has blessed us abundantly with so many wonderful people in our lives.

Until later, Missy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHH..to sit on your porch & look
out over the view is AWESOME ! I am sooo grateful for your wonderful support group.....sorry I didn't think of it !! I guess I am getting slowwwwww in my old age!
Good luck tomorrow...will be in my thoughts.
Luv you guys
auntie n

Sheila said...

Praying for your precious family!
Love,
Bill and Sheila