Monday, June 14, 2010

Message from the hospital.

We are at the hospital waiting for discharge. The day has gone very smoothly. I so appreciate all of the people who worked to make everything fall into place so nicely. Mark got his belly full and is now snoozing. Shhh. Listen. You might can hear him! Hehe. Good drugs should make for a nice nap. We are looking at being able to leave about 2:00.

Nelda and Janet, you guys are both good medicine. I am sure that everyone who frequents the blog will agree. I have people tell me all the time that they enjoy the comments almost as much as the posts. (secretly I enjoy them more!). We love you all much

Oh yah, a little q and a.

Q. What are they doing the biopsy for?
A. It is assumed that these new spots are a recurrence of colon cancer. However, there is a very small chance it could be a new cancer. Treatment for all cancers is individual. For example, breast cancer patients don't get the same mess as colon cancer patients. That is why the doctor wants to be 100%.

Q. What kind of biopsy was it?
A. He had a needle biopsy done with CT guidance. This is the least invasive way to get pieces of the tissue to be examined .

Q. How long before you have results?
A. We are hoping to have them by tomorrow afternoon to take Dallas on Wednesday.

Q. Didn't he already have a port?
A. He had a port for his last treatment regimen, but was anxious to be done with it after the whole ordeal was over. That port was removed in January when he had his bowel surgery. He says he is still glad he did it because he has enjoyed not having it.

Q. What next?
A. He plans to work tomorrow??????? Sure am glad Danny didn't take the comfy chair from the shop! Wednesday is a doctor visit in Dallas and the chemotherapy start date.


I am very open to questions if you want to leave them in a comment or e-mail. I may not always know, but I have great resources to find out!

Oh yah, Several people have asked about MD Anderson. We are both very comfortable with where we are at Baylor. I know that md Anderson is great and we think that at one time it was the only place to be. We even feel like there are circumstances where it is the absolute only place to be. But, we both feel like we were led to Baylor for a reason. (Quite possibly the same reason we are doing any of this to begin with!) we just have to trust that God is giving us the tools to make the best decisions.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys!!!! Let us know if you need anything!!!!
Love you!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are going up daily for the Brown family. We love you so much and are so grateful for the blog so that we know the particulars. May God grant the peace that passes all understanding. Love Jerry and Wanda

Anonymous said...

HHHMMMMMMM! Let's see....
Good Food,Good Drugs,Good Nap...
SOUNDS G R E A T TO ME !!
Can we all share ???
Sounds like a good regimen for everyone. A good nap never hurt anyone. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sounds like you have a plan and everything under control.
HOW DO YOU DO IT ?????
I think I will follow in Mark's footsteps...
have a little Cottage Cheese..yum
take a COLD shower & crawl into bed with ceiling fan & another fan pointed right at ME !! THAT makes
for some FINE SLEEPING ! ! !
Good night to all.
My love & prayers,
Auntie N

Anonymous said...

GOOOOOOD MORNING EVERYBODY !!
Yes, I know that it is 11:50am but.... I SLEPT IN !!! Today is
BE NICE TO NELDA DAY !!!
What that entails, I do not know.
I guess I get to do what I want, but I DO THAT ALREADY !
NEWS FLASH !! Posada Pots is trying to open POSADA POTS, TOO !!!
I,Me,Nelda (WOW) is to be manager!
OPPS...did someone MESS UP ? HAHAHA
Today we will TRY to build some counters,shelving,what have you. Wish David & Susan luck...I am
RETIRED,so I get to WATCH !! ! ! HAHAHAHHAHA LOVE IT.
Mark,any tips on being a GREAT BOSS? I will take any input.
Guess I will go be NICE TO ME by having, once again, some cottage cheese and fruit ! Sounds Delicious
HOPE THAT ALL OF YOU HAVE A GLORIOUS DAY ! After the rain last night we should ALL BE HAPPY !!
Prayers for each and everyone who reads this.
In My Heart,In My Thoughts and
In My Prayers
Love from auntie n

Anonymous said...

To Auntie N: How can you call yourself 'ordinary?' (Plus it sounds like we are built just alike!)
To Mark & Missy: a scripture for the day...Psalm 145:18-19: "The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth.He grants the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cries for help and rescues them."
Love you! Janet F