Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fight 2, round 1.

Well, we made it here in just under three hours this morning. We were so lucky on the traffic. It slowed, bit never actually stopped. We saw Dr. McCullom first. (Have I mentioned how much we like him.?) He has been so good to us and he just met us a week ago. Everything looked good to him, so we came downstairs to the chemo lobby. Oh my. We were there for about 1 hour and 15 minutes before getting back to the infusion room. (one of the three that they have) We made lots of observations while waiting...
1. I believe we were the youngest in the room! There might have been one or two close, but the other 30 had us by 20 to 40 years!
2. There were no Indian or Asian people in that room(leads me to agree with the whole diet theory. Makes you wonder about all of our processed food??
3. It's a small world. Who would have thought we would come to an oncology office in Dallas, tx and Mark would see someone he knows?! A Past coach and teacher, coach David Milson, is being seen in the same office as Mark. We learned not too long back of his illness. We wish him the best and many prayers go out to him.

So right now we are sitting in our little cubby. Mark is receiving the "poison" with no apparent effects as of yet. They premedicated for some of the side effects and are just waiting patiently for it all to infuse. We just popped a movie in the VHS. That's right. I just searched through two drawers of VHS tapes looking for the requested western. (not that he is picky or anything!)

The best news is that we will only have to make one trip every 2 weeks. He is going to let me discontinue his pump at home and return it by mail. We are so happy about this. It beats driving, waiting and pAying for a 5-10 minute visit.
He plans to do 4-6 treatments before re-evaluating. He says that is when there will be big decisions to make regarding treatment.

I knew it wouldn't matter what movie we put in. He is kicked back in the easy chair-sleeping!!!!!!!
All is well. Love, Missy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not be afraid!
Just go on trusting!

Luke 8 v50

I LOVE YOU.
love Austin

thank you so much everybody for all your prayers and good deeds i know that god looks upon you and smiles.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Praying for you!! What are the chances of seeing someone from home, a former Munday coach!Love ya,Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

Oh So glad that things are moving along as planed. I wish I could fall asleep as easily as Mark. Is it a self-taught thing ?!?!?
I spent my 2nd "BE NICE TO NELDA DAY" at the NEW Posada Pot store.
Scrubbed,swept,mopped,dusted,orangeoiled the walls,washed windows and painted ! But not before I made a curtain to go around the plumbing in the rest room..I CAN NOT SEW !!
Witch Stichery is wonderful...
or is it Stich witchery ??
WHO CARES ? IT WORKS
Missy, you know that I will do whatever I can to help out.
Let me say goodnight by saying a little prayer my Great Niece shared with the family when we all found out that my niece,Allison Schreiber Jensen, was out of danger and on the road to recovery.
GOD OUR FATHER,
Walk through my house
and take away all my worries & illnesses and please watch over and
heal my family
in Jesus' name
AMEN
As always,In My Heart,In my Thoughts and in My Prayers.
love from Auntie N

Anonymous said...

We arrived in Long Beach (Gardena) about 10:00 pm Texas time The first thing I wanted to do was check the blog. You have been on our heart all day! So thankful for the positives from todays visit.
We are anticipating the miracles with you! We love you! Big Sis and Uncle Donnie

Anonymous said...

xxoo
Thinking of all
Love and prayers