Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

Almost didn't get that in before midnight! Sorry I am not so up to date. Crazy busy as usual here. Mark finished hi treatment on Friday afternoon and we took his pump off. The effects unfortunately don't go away when we turn it off. He is exhausted. I am hoping he can get plenty of rest and look forward to a better off week. He did make it to watch Abby's softball games this weekend. Congrats to the Stars for 1st place in the AC tourney! Lots of fun!

We had a bit of misfortune on our way to Munday. Bambi's mama didn't fair too well and unfortunately neither did our suburban! What are the chances?! What are we - deer magnets? That is the 3rd one in 2 years! Can you say UNLUCKY? On the bright side, the kids had fun playing in the rock piles where we all watched the sunset while waiting on Mark's dad to deliver us to Munday. Thanks Doug for getting the car back to town. And thanks to Tim for letting us hitch a ride home from Munday.

Congrats to newlyweds Ryan and Kim. We wish you many years of wedded bliss. Many healing prayers to Dusty during your recovery. And Happy Fathers Day again to all the great dads we know.

Missy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone is safe and sound, and that only the car was hurt when the deer decided to blind side you..and how often does a family sit together to watch the sunset? Quality family time !!
And as MISS CINDY said...you DID make it to see HER !!
Hope Mark does well and that all of you have an uneventful week.
Rest well.
Love & Prayers,
auntie n

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just had a cool thought! I was sitting on the patio of the Reef restaurant in Long Beach California enjoying God's awesome sunset at the same time you were sitting on your pile of rocks watching the same beautiful sunset! I am so thankful that the Heavenly Father that created that sunset was watching over all of you! You are right Auntie N. How often do you get to sit and watch the sunset with your family! (Although, I bet my( 61 degree)temp watching was a little more comfortable than yours! yikes. I love you all very much. Big Sis

Anonymous said...

OK, so here's an analogy for the kids' pile of rocks.......

Psalm 31:3 "For Thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for the sake of Thy name, lead me and guide me" (and hopefully lead the deer in a different direction!)

SO glad you all are safe!
Love, Janet

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys
xxoo

Anonymous said...

ANOTHER DAY GONE SO ANOTHER DAY CLOSER TO OUR GOAL...MERCHANDISE BOUGHT AND ON ITS WAY HERE(HOPEFULLY). DAVID & I ARE LOOKING AT A JULY 1ST SILENT OPENING.....
WISH US WELL !!
HOW IS EVERYONE ? I SUPPOSE SINCE THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING POSTED ALL IS WELL WITH THE BROWN FAMILIES.
THANK GOODNESS !!
BEEN A TOUGH ONE FOR ME BUT I AM HANGING IN THERE WITH THE BEST.
HOPE THE REST OF THE WEEK GOES WELL FOR ALL
LOVE FROM AUNTIE N

Anonymous said...

Mark, Missy and family,
Jim and I have been sending prayers up for you daily. We have been wondering how things have been going. Crazy me, I forgot about the blog so have been spending a little (long) time this morning catching up. Your positive attitude in the face of all this overwhelming news is amazing. God really does carry us through the bad stuff, doesn't he? Thanks for all the informative, well written posts. Jim and Lorrie