Sunday, October 26, 2008

Couldn't Wait

Hello all,

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. I wish I could have taken all of you with us.

I know I said I would update on Monday, but I just couldn't wait to let everyone know about our outing last night. Somehow Mark's brother and sisters were able to get us tickets to a sold out Mercy Me concert in Wichita Falls. I don't know why we thought we wanted to go, but about a week ago we learned of the concert and thought we would like it. We let it go, knowing we would need the money in many other places. We must have let it slip that we would like to go and someone went to work. By the end of the week we had two tickets to the concert and a whole bag full of gifts from KMOC, a local radio station. One day we will know the rest of the story!

I don't think either one of us really had any expectations for the concert. Really, both of us thought that we wanted to go hear them sing "I Can Only Imagine" and everything else would just be a new experience for us. I listen to the two Christian music stations, but as with all singers, actors, etc.. I am definitely not on my game. When we arrived 45 min early and the line was wound around the parking lot, my thought was "They must be pretty good if all these people would stand in line to see them."

Bevo Norman opened for Mercy Me. He was very good and also a very good speaker, but no indication of what was to come. When the band came out and lights came up, the setting was somewhat similiar to a rock concert. The same energy, and excitement, and yet, it wasn't just about the music. Sure, the music was good, great performances, and an uplifting spirit in the church, but the whole event had meaning and purpose. They prayed, they worshipped, and they were all there for one reason, because there is a greater God that inspires all of these people who want to be like him.

Mark and I both felt as if these people were speaking to us. They told our story and they confirmed our faith. Something really big is going to happen through all of this. We are going to see God work in a big way. He wants us to glorify him. In our time of need he will come down and save the day and we will give him the glory for all of it. That is what he wants, for us to glorify him.

We are very grateful to you guys for making it possible for us to go. We definitely need the renewal and pick me up every now and then. Thanks to Tessa also for keeping the kids this weekend, they had a great time with their cousins.

Love to all, Missy

4 comments:

Star Trec said...

This is such a great post...you're right something BIG is going to happen and you're right to allow God to lead you. Bless you guys and have a super week!

Love,
Trecie

Judy Voss said...

Wow! Once again I am overwhelmed at the way God works. You would think by now, I would stop being amazed and just expect it!! We love you both so much and thank God for ministering to your hearts. Love, Big Sis

Cindy Lou said...

Missy and Mark,
I am so thrilled that the concert blessed you so much. It was a blessing watching all the pieces fall into place so you could go. Missy your journalling has been such a ministry to me of your and Marks faith. I am blessed to see what God is doing in your lives and the encouragement you are getting from others reassures me that there are still godly people out there. Our friends may move away but they pull right back when we need them. I love you guys.
Lil Sis

bergen said...

hey this is bergen we are praying for you all the time we know god is helling you everyone knows in are family to always be praying for you and when you your family is down we know that god is bring you gyes back up.