Monday, November 29, 2010

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is about all I can say about that. This was a first for me. I have truly never experienced anything like what happened on Sunday evening in Scotland USA. So many good people. I have never been so touched by outpouring of love in one place, and definitely have never been on the receiving end of anything like it. I just can't say enough good things about all of our friends and family who were able to help make the event possible, and to be there to share it with us. Absolutely no way that Thank You is enough to all of you who worked so hard. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and had an abundance of great food, great fellowship, great entertainment and great fun as they were all plentiful last night.

Several people asked about the band last night. Pam (the lone female vocalist!) is a friend of mine from Labor and Delivery. (She is also the mother of Melissa, our friend and young mother that has been battling oral cancer. She loves to sing and has been performing here and there recently. She sings with this band fairly regularly. Their name is SOUTHERN RAIN. They sing every Monday in Bowie as well as other places. The steel guitar player was from another band called the Troubadours (sp???), and the regular drummer was not able to play with them last night. I think they did a fabulous job and they were all so kind to come out of the goodness of their heart to entertain us. Thanks Pam for the wonderful surprise. We love you. Many prayers for all of you that Melissa's scans next week are clear!!! AMEN!!!!

Thanks again to everyone
We love you all so much!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT WAS AWESOME ! GREAT FOOD AND GOT TO VISIT WITH FRIENDS I HAD NOT SEEN IN AWHILE. THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY EVENING WAS WALKING UP BEHIND MARK'S SISTER,JUDY, (WHICH I HAD NEVER MET BEFORE), AND WHISPER IN HER EAR.."I PASSED YOU IN FAMILY FEUD!" HER LAUGH IS INFECTIOUS ! MARK,YOU HAVE A GREAT FAMILY. MISSY I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW "WONDERFUL" THE MORATHS AND BERENDS ARE. GREAT TO SEE YOUR BEREND GRANDPARENTS THERE.
KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOVED.
MY PRAYERS,
AUNTIE N

Anonymous said...

Wow, it was incredible. What a testimony to how many lives you have touched! You and your family make me so proud and God continues His work through ya'll in so many ways. It was a blessing to be there, to watch the impact you have on others, and to have the privilage to claim being your cousin!
Love ya, Linda

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to be with you all. I told my family when we got home,that Missy and Mark have so many that love them. It was so nice of all your hard working friends to give this gift to you all. I always say that we should do nice things for each other when we are here on earth not when we are gone. So they can remember us by the good things that we do. Take care always in my heart.
Sandy C

Anonymous said...

I too am absolutely overwhelmed at the love and compassion shown by everyone there last night! We certainly saw the hand of God reaching out to Mark's family through the love and hard work of every person that made Sunday night happen. Thank you Thank you to every one of you! You have blessed our lives and hearts! The Big Sis

Anonymous said...

By the way! Watch out for Auntie N. She's a sneaky one!!! Watch your back, Aunt N. I'm coming back for a win! Big Sis

Anonymous said...

THREAT OR PROMISE BIG SIS !?
LOVE YA !