Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just to let you know....

Some friends of ours approached us recently about having a game night in support of Mark and I. They requested I put this notice on the blog so that anyone who might want to participate would have the chance. Please do not feel any obligation. So many of you are doing so much already by praying us through a difficult time and helping out wherever we have a need. We are blessed so abundantly by support from all of you.

The cost of the meal is donation only. I really do not have any details as I haven't been involved in the planning, so for any questions, please notify any of the people listed below. We are surrounded by a community of such great people. So much so that I am forced to learn more lessons the hard way. This one being to have peace in accepting God's blessings through other people! Just like PATIENCE, it is a lesson that doesn't come easy for me (actually worse than patience I believe!). But I work hard to see all of the help as another reminder that we never walk alone. He carries out the plan the way He sees fit, and He is good all the time.
Love and blessing to all of you, Missy

Oh heck!. I can't make it work. Should have known this wouldn't be easy. I'll keep working on it.....

Finally. Here it is.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you put this info up!!!! Thanks for letting us be His hands and feet. Love you.
Bev

Anonymous said...

Something interesting that I found after talking about our ability to receive. I love you both (Big SIS)

‘FREELY YE HAVE RECEIVED, FREELY GIVE.’ MATTHEW 10:8


Receiving is an art. It allows others to become part of our lives
Jesus commanded us to give – and receive. There must be a healthy balance between both. His command to receive keeps us realistic about our personal limitations, our dependency on God – and on others. His command to give challenges our innate selfishness. Assimilation and elimination; your body dies without them – so does your soul.

For some of us, receiving is harder than giving. We’ve no trouble giving insight, giving hope, giving courage, giving advice, giving support, giving money, even giving ourselves. No, our greatest challenge is to become gracious receivers. By receiving, we acknowledge our need of others and that’s hard on our ego.

We also reveal to the giver that they have something worth giving; we add value to their lives. Often it’s only in the eyes of the receiver that the giver discovers his worth. When somebody gives us a watch but we never wear it, is that watch really received? When they offer us an idea and we don’t at least consider it, is that idea even appreciated? When they introduce us to a friend, but we ignore them, is that friend truly accepted? Receiving is an art. It allows others to become part of our lives; even to become dependent on them in certain areas. It requires the grace to say “I need you; without you, I wouldn’t be who I am.”


Receiving from the heart requires love and humility. Too many people are wounded and never reach out again, because their gifts weren’t valued. So today, let’s try to be good givers – and receivers!

Anonymous said...

Missy, this is so exciting ! I know how "Pridefull" a Morath can be....FIRST HAND ! But over the past year I have found that there is nothing wrong with grasping the hand that is extended in help and support. It is STILL very hard for me,but after the past month I have come to realize that I will be the one doing the asking for help. So.. swallow that Morath Pride, and enjoy the festivities! I am excited enough for the BOTH of us!
Marsha got me busy this AM working on gathering items for the Silent Auction !!! Should be FUN!
As always, In my Thoughts,in my Prayers & In my Heart,
Love you always,
auntie n

Anonymous said...

Missy we would love to help!
Still praying for you all!
Always in my heart Sandy C

Anonymous said...

MISSY SO GLAD THAT YOU WERE FEELING MUCH BETTER TODAY AND WERE ABLE TO VISIT WITH YOUR GRANDMOTHER. HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD VISIT. WAS A GREAT DAY TO BE OUT.
SORRY IF I UPSET YOU, I SURE DID NOT MEAN TO ! LOVE YOU TOO MUCH.
MANY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS,
AUNTIE N