Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Made it Home


We made it home yesterday afternoon. I am convinced we would still be sitting there if we hadn't lit a fire under our nurse! Nonetheless, home is awesome. We got there with a little time to go through the mail and then pick kids up and just fall right back into routine. The kids were glad to see us as well. We did a lot of talking as I could tell the questions at school were many. I reminded them how fortunate they are to have so many people that care about them and their family. I have said it more than once, that God brought us to this community for a reason. We are surrounded by good people everyday.

Mark is doing fairly well. We are hoping a few days of quiet and rest will get all of his systems back in order.

Hope you enjoy the picture. There can't be a more peaceful place for us to get to go home to. Just a few notes: The flagpole was put up while Mark was at the hospital. He LOVES it! And check out the flowers around the house. You might remember my friends planted those for us back in the spring and they are thriving still. We have much to be thankful for.

Missy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,what an awesome anniversary present ! A beautiful picture of Grandpa & Grandma Morath's house which you have turned into a HOME. What memories.
I think that I would feel enfolded
in Grandmother's love being there.
I think that her essence,faith,
stuborness,healing hands,caring and loving are still in that place. Granddad,sitting on the porch swing just taking it all in.
Your bedroom (and theirs) has got to be the BEST room in the house.
Windows facing all diretions but
North. Morning sun & evening sunset
THE BEST healing room in the world.
I always took my afternoon nap in that room during the summers I stayed with them. Hope you and Mark find as much peace in that special room that I did.
You are upper most in my thoughts and prayers. Glad that you are home
love you,auntie n

Anonymous said...

So glad y'all are home.I love your house.The yard is beautiful, and I love the flag!Keeping you and all the family in my prayers.
Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

Glad that you guys got home! I agree with Nelda; that house has wonderful memories for me also of staying with Grandma and Grandpa in the summer, Sunday dinners, Nelda's popcorn balls, fireflies, the BEST pot roast in the whole world! When I am driving home to Windthorst from Wichita, it is a habit for me to look your way and there is a peacefulness that comes over me of such good times. The quietness and peace that envelopes that house--it is a good place to heal and regenerate! Those reasons are exactly why us Merrills moved here (and the people are great too) Praying for you and your family--you are in a good place to let that soak in! Here is to bright and sunny Fall days for y'all! Love, Renee (and Larry) :)

Anonymous said...

I love your home sweet home. Home is where the heart is at and you have lots of love in your home. So happy to know that Mr. Brown is home and getting some rest.
Always in my heart
Sandy C.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home, Browns! It IS such a beautiful home! (First time I have seen it!) And you are such a beautiful family! Praying for God's blessings and miracles!Hope you are having a good week!
Love you! Janet

Anonymous said...

NICE ARTICLE ON FRONT PAGE OF ARCHER PAPER! IMPRESSIVE!
HOPE YOU HAVE GOTTEN BACK INTO SOME SYMBLANCE OF A ROUTINE.
MY MOM HAD A VERY NICE VISIT WITH
MARK'S MOM YESTERDAY. THANKS FOR LETTING MOM AND DAD KNOW ABOUT THE SERVICES.
THINK OF YOU OFTEN,WONDERING HOW ALL OF YOU ARE DOING. MANY PRAYERS
LOVE FROM AUNTIE N

Anonymous said...

xxoo
We love you all!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HHAALLOOWWEENN !!!!!
LOVE YOU GUYS
LOVE AND PRAYERS,
AUNTIE N