Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Morning

Wooooohooooooo! I thought I just needed to say that because it has been so long since you have seen it. I am not sure I am even really feeling it, but it feels better just to say it. We can use it for celebrating being 1/4 of the way through chemo. WooooooHooooooo! Mark is doing fairly well. (he says except for that truck that ran over him this morning!) Nothing new has come up with this treatment, still the neuropathy and the cold sensitivity (both of which he really dislikes). It hasn't slowed him down too awful much though.

We are going to have to beef up the the communication to the man upstairs. Mark's dad is still in the hospital and they are still uncertain of what is causing his difficulties. Many, many tests have produced little explanation. He is looking at several more tests at the beginning of next week after he has been off of his coumadin. We are really praying for God to intervene and open the window for them to see more clearly how they can best treat him. He will provide.

I also want to mention something else. Every now and then I get to a point where I think I am going to spontaneously combust. I just cannot imagine being faced with even one more thing. I do begin to wonder . "I know that God will not give me more than I can handle - but just how close do I really have to come" I guess it is just this thing that He and I have. He pushes me, and my slighlty competitive self steps up to the plate. And, just when I am certain the game is over and I am going to be defeated, I realize that I am just being weak. I know that if He can push me, then he knows I can take it so........ not to worry. This is fresh, because yesterday was quite a day for me. One where you just want to crawl in a hole because the world is falling apart around you. But, by the end of the day (after Dana had to endure my crazy venting), I could look back and see that for every place I was in that day, God had chosen me to be there. Not because I am someone with any magical talent, but sometimes just to help me grow in areas where I have been challenged. Now, these are really not any special "words of wisdom" by Missy, just something in my heart that I needed to get out. I really try to spare you guys most of this, and stick to the facts. Today was just the day.

Lastly, I want to mention a very sweet lady I met yesterday. She is being faced with potentially one of the hardest experiences of her life. Her son is awaiting biopsy results to determine if he has cancer. It hit very close to home for me for a couple of reasons. The most obvious, cancer, but also the challenges that Michael has faced in his lifetime are very similar to some we have experienced in our own lives. I recognized this immediately when I met him and I couldn't help being personally touched by the whole thing. I got to meet Michael's mother and a dear friend of hers and hear more of their story. The whole experience from Michael to his mother was so pleasant. Michael and his mother are blessed to have each other and to have support from wonderful friends and the small community they live in. I pray for God to guide them and carry them if necessary through any storm they are facing.

We love you all, Missy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Missy for sharing your thoughts with us. There are many of us that read your "words of wisdom" and had tears in our eyes for they hit sooo close to home, or they did for me. Your STRENGTH and FAITH are an inspiration for me. THANK YOU

Many prayers for Mark,his Dad,your families and the young man you met
yesterday.

Hope all goes well so that Mark is able to attend the Relay for Life on April 3rd. I am ALL GEARed up for it. If you need help with your
"Patriotic" or your "Purple" let me
I think I MIGHT have everything you'll need!!

And a BIG WoooooooooHoooooooooooo!
for you Missy for you LIFT the hearts of others !

I LOVE YOU GUYS ! !

My Love & Prayers,
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

A GLORIOUS Sunday to the Brown Family ! Looks to be another beautiful day out. ENJOY !

I LOVE YOU GUYS !

LOVE AND PRAYERS

Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

I am still with the saying...
Life is not always about waiting for the "storm" to pass
Sometimes it is about learning to dance in the Rain.
I'm dancing, I'm dancing.
Mark and Missy keep dancing.
Love you bunches & praying diligently for strength.
Lil Sis

Anonymous said...

You have a WISE sis.
I think I like her.
NOW....where is the RAIN she is
dancing in so I CAN JOIN HER!
Mrs. S & Ray S were both hospitalised this Sunday. (You may be taking care of MRS.S) I need to do a LITTLE DANCING !!!!!
LET'S ALL DANCE TOGETHER
My Love and Prayers,
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

Mark
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I will pray for him. Glad to see you are doing good.

God works in mysterious ways we never know what he has planned for our lives, but we also know that he won't give us more than we can handle. I understand what you are going through. My father in law had a massive heart attack the day after my son died so I know the stress you are feeling.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Rhonda Richardson

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for you and your dad and your whole family. I was thinking of you this morning and this verse popped into my head.

My flesh and my heart may fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

I'll see you at the Relay for Life in Knox City if you are there!!!

Leann