Sunday, March 8, 2009

Good weekend.







What a weekend. Just a few more things we got out of the way. Next weekend will bring a few more of those, then maybe there will be rest (HA!) I can always dream, huh? A big thank you to David and Patti for letting us come out to Posada Pots to raise money for the Relay for Life team. The kids had a good time. Abby couldn't quit talking about her cousin Patti. It couldn't be because Patti spent hours playing hide and seek with Abby and Landon. We all need a job like that! IT was a very relaxing day and the boys did really well with the sweets and treats. Thanks to all those who donated in any way.
Today was a great day. Mark piddled outside with the cars. The Honda has a license plate again. Yeah! We have only been stopped, not once, but twice for it. I would say that is pretty redneck. Anyway, all fixed now. We have trampolined and jumped rope and played ball most of this beautiful day. If only that was all I had to do. Heading to Wichita to try to get some work in before work tomorrow.
Mark is doing well. Chemo brought a few new things this time. The cold sensitivity is again there, and the neuropathy in his fingers he did not experience last time. It is a frustrating thing for him because the swelling and discomfort limit him slightly in the fine motor area. He is tired, but still has a fair appetite and has not been sick (Yeah). He is washing cars and going to help with baseball practice. We couldn;t ask for much more. We are BLESSED.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures. I just noticed
"THE CUTE LITTLE FLOWER" in the pot
next to Patti in the first photo.
What a clever advertising idea!!!
I am SOOOOOO glad the KIDS did well.{Of course Mom & Dad
NOTHING to do with it!!!}Everyone
seemed to enjoy themselves & the
antics of the Kids (including Patti) kept us all in stitches.
The chicken & mashed potatoes/gravy
helped too !
So glad Mark was able to join us & I had the honor of meeting some of his family members. And WHAT SUPPORT and LOVE they have for
Mark,Missy & the KIDS. IT WAS GREAT
to be around them.
Our continued Prayers for Mark,Missy and the Kids.
I LOVE YOU GUYS ! ! !
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

I am proud of the kids in their efforts of the Bake Sale and all who helped.We see the need more every day of cancer research. I am anxious to meet your best cheer leader Nelda, thanks kind lady for all of your encouragement. Love from your Munday Grandparents

Anonymous said...

Dear Munday Grandparents,
Hello,My name is Nelda,Aunt Nelda,
Aunt Nuckle,Myrtle,Hey You...etc.
I am no one special. Just a fun loving, life loving "KID". I may
LOOK it but I am NOT near as OLD as Missy makes me out to be !! Just because I am more than 15 years older than her !!!
I can't help but get excited about the RELAY FOR LIFE because it is something I BELIEVE IN !!! and Jane was my Aunt and Godmother and
Mark and Missy are kinda special to me {but don't tell them I told you!} I enjoyed meeting some of your kids at the bake sale and I too look forward to meeting the wonderful people that have instilled in Mark a FAITH that is INCREDABLE !!
Until April the 3rd,
Love from Mark and Missy's OLDER, Most FAVORITEST Cousin (Aunt ??),
Nelda

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING DEAR FAMILY

HAVE A GREAT DAY

LOVE YOU

AS ALWAYS

IN MY HEART IN MY THOUGHTS AND

IN MY PRAYERS

THE ONE AND ONLY "AUNT" NELDA