Thursday, November 20, 2008

Smile, Thanksgiving is just one week away.

The holidays are here, and my waistline is already feeling it. We celebrated Thanksgiving at the Uniform shop this week, and I do mean all week. The meal was supposed to be Tuesday, but we have been eating on it ever since!

Tomorrow is the end of week four. Labs this week remain good. Mark has encountered a few new discomforts here and there, but overall is still doing well. We are so praying that things will return to normal for him after this five weeks of treatments is over. I know he is looking forward to better days ahead and getting to enjoy the holiday season. Only 6 treatments left. Due to the holiday next week, we should be celebrating his last treatment on December 2, 2008. He has an appointment to see the colo-rectal surgeon on Monday, December 8th. Dr. Crim will schedule a surgery date at that time. We will also do another CT scan prior to that appointment (not scheduled yet.)

We will have plenty to keep busy with as the chickens arrived yesterday! In case you are wondering, the boys raise chickens for one of their 4H projects at the Archer County Junior Livestock Show. It is definitely a family affair. Even Abby tries to make pets out of these 75 little birds.

Continued prayers for Phillip, and Pauline and to all of our loved ones who face new challenges each day. Keep the faith! Love to all, Missy

4 comments:

Judy Voss said...

Thanksgiving has taken on a whole new meaning this year for me. The faith and love that we share as a family lifts and encourages me as we continue to trust God for Mark's total healing. I thank God for His unchanging and unconditional love. Great is His Faithfulness!
I love you guys! Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed visiting with Mark at the store on Friday. Of course I spent alot of MONEY. Ask Mark about the "ROSE" I brought him.
Hope all of you enjoyed your trip to Austin. Love you Guys.
In My Heart In My Thoughts and
In My Prayers
Love always,
Nelda

Anonymous said...

We hope the ride back was a safe one! We really enjoyed your visit and are looking forward to seeing you all again in three days. Deanna

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the Brown &
Berend Families. Hope you have a
WONDERFUL day. Mark,enjoy ALL the food. Missy & Sisters & Mom,stop by
to see me. I Love You Guys
In My Heart In My Thoughts &
In My Prayers
Much Love from your "RICH" (HaHaHa)
Cousin/Aunt,
Nelda