Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving and Love to All YYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I hope everyone is enjoying a very blessed holiday. We are so, so thankful for our many blessings. God has been so good to us. As I laid in my warm bed this morning, still stuffed from all the food I ate yesterday, and hearing my beautiful children talking in their sleep in the other room, and my husband snoring next to me, and saw the sun coming up off the ground as far as I could see to the east, I thought to myself, "I can't possibly even count the number of ways that I am blessed." We have so much, not so many things, but so much more than all the money could ever buy. We have been so richly blessed by His plan.

Would you ever feel blessed for a loved one to be sick. While I have said before how much I dislike that Mark is having to do this, and I never want him to suffer, I just can't help but feel good that God actually chose my husband to do something so big! It is not necessarily a blessing we would ask for, but, since when do we have a choice in how we are to be blessed? I truly believe that we can find positive in everything we do. We might have to dig really deep, and sometimes even wait a really long time to find it, but as long as we are searching for the positive, God will bring it to us. We have the most wonderful family and friends ever (of which we are reminded daily through all of this.) It breaks my heart to know that there are others who endure such challenges alone, and I pray that they find God and his blessings. I also pray for all others who are sick and suffering, from whatever physical, mental or emotional illness, that they too might find peace through their trials. May they know that God brought them to it, not so they could suffer or to punish them, but so they would seek Him to bring them through it.

Today, we are going to celebrate my Grandma Himmels Berend's family reunion. What a wonderful blessing of deep rooted heritage. She and her many sisters and their families will gather to celebrate all that we are so fortunate to have and of course - eat more food! Also, on this day, we are celebrating my Grandma and Grandpa Berend's 70th wedding anniversary. Our family will celebrate together with a special mass in their honor before the reunion. What an enormous feat. We are so blessed by there presence , there good health, and their example to all of us. I pray for them and all of their family that, as they continue to age, God will continue to be their guide, providing peace, comfort, and acceptance as He carries out His plan.

By the way, Week 4 and 1/2 is over. Woohoo!!!! Of course, the Cancer treatment Center wanted the holiday off as well. He will finish up treatment at the start of next week. He had a good week, and even one GREAT day. (I hope I marked that on the calendar.) It was quite memorable. He woke up feeling and acting himself, and it lasted throughout an entire day. Woohoo!!! Just another thing to be thankful for.

I hope this wonderful day finds you all healthy, happy, and stuffed full of great food. We love you all, Missy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to think I had a "HAND" in helping Mark have
"GREAT" day. He seemed to really enjoy picking on his FAVORITE
"AUNT NELDA". If that helps ...
I will GLADLY stop by EVERY day...
And Mark...keep the "rumors' going
David & I really get a kick out of it !. SOOOOO glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. Makes one stop & think & appreciate what one has. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!
I Love You Guys !
In My Heart In My Thoughts and
In My Prayers,
Nelda

Anonymous said...

Of course you continue to be in our prayers and the prayers of my church (FCC in Burk), but today I just want to THANK you, Missy & Mark, for your wonderful WITNESS on this website! I have been doing a lousy job of leading my SS class to 'write praises to God in difficult circumstances' because I haven't even known how to do it myself. But you are TEACHING me with your amazing insight and expressions of faith and gratitude! Thank you so much!
We are SOOO glad that this first phase for Mark is finished, and we're asking God to lift you ALL up to sweetly sail over the months ahead! Blessings, peace, rest, and new strength in your progress!
We love you, Janet & John Fowler