Thursday, January 5, 2012

I just found this.....

I just found the following in my work computer. I am always feeling such guilt for not keeping up with the blog. Not only do I feel I have let a great deal of people down, but I also feel that I am not doing what I should be for Mark, or for myself for that matter. I always said the writing was somewhat therapeutic, but I just haven't been able to get back to it (largely due to lack of time). At some point though, it looks as if I tried to get started. I believe this was about mid summer. So much has happened since then. So much I want to say and tell. At any rate, I hope you catch a little glimpse of what our world has been like. It's a start and maybe, just maybe, I can work on the next six months really soon :)



The Brown’s world has been turned upside down in the last year as we watched Mark slip away from us this March. I am sure you can imagine that there is nothing “normal” about the way we do things anymore. If you thought I flew by the seat of my pants before, well you hadn’t seen anything yet. About the only thing I have been able to guarantee in the last several months is that the world is going to go on whether I can keep up or not, so I might as well strap on my lap belt and hold on for the ride.

The kids are doing remarkably well. They miss Mark dearly and are challenged sometimes more than others. In spite of this, they are children first. And, a child’s world should revolve around himself/herself. The kids found comfort in returning to school after Mark’s passing. Everyone was so supportive and attentive. The far exceeded my expectations for finishing out the school year. They all finished with remarkable grades and honors. We had two “A” honor rolls, three perfect TAKS scores and all three kids with commended TAKS scores. I couldn’t be more proud of them.

Austin, Landon and Abby just finished up their baseball and softball seasons and Abby is already headed into volleyball and believe it or not, football is already around the corner for the boys. All three kids started the summer off with bible school in Munday, TX with Mark’s parents. Abby attended and the boys both volunteered. Austin was honored to represent Jesus in the camp play. This week Abby and Landon attended Basketball camp and Austin volunteered there. And as we speak, Austin is in route to Subiaco Academy in Arkansas for a weekend retreat. There is just very little down time. They will finish up the summer with Drama Camp, Extreme Youth Camp, the Diocesan youth conference, Blue Thunder football camp and strength and conditioning. And with all that they are still finding time for the swimming pool, the water park, and spending time with friends. Whew! I can feel my shoulders tightening up just thinking of it all.

Basically, my world revolves around the kids! That pretty much sums it up. I work so they can have what they need, and I work some more so that they can have what they want! I love to make it to the lake as often as possible and can’t wait to take advantage of someone’s beach house as soon as possible!

We continue to be richly blessed by all of you – our family. There are never enough thanks for all of the kindness that you have shown and the love that we feel from all of you. God ……...
(I could finish with many things, but this is where I ended on that day.)






Love to all, Missy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy we think you are our super mom, daughter-in law,sister in law, aunt,or what ever you need to be,Our prayer is for strength for each new day, that you won't feel so overwhelmed with all of the responsibility. If love will help, you have plenty of that. Grandmother and Grandaddy

Anonymous said...

Love & support from Bryson, too!
With ALL my heart, Linda

Anonymous said...

I think of ya'll often and even check the blog every now and then. Was glad to see your updates. I love you all and am here if you need me. Deanna

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing the work going on at the Brown"s house , We think you are doing a fantastic job on all your ideas, this is a very loooong step you are working on right now,but it will allstart falling together, soon. We are counting on this because we don't like seeing you get so tired.We love you all. Wish we were doing more to help. Grandmother&Grandmother Brown