Friday, August 13, 2010

Well.

I just had to get on here again to let everyone know that I really am okay. Following my last post I am certain someone was wondering who left this raving crazy woman in my place. With any luck, no one will go back to catch up on old posts?!! HEHE. Like Auntie N said, if we can't laugh about it we would waste away in our own self pity I suppose.

Best wishes to Doug and Dottie today. They are moving, and it is HOT. Hopefully Dottie is taking lots of breaks to rest to take care of my new little niece or nephew. Wish I could be helping you guys more. Thanks mom and dad for being there for them.

Also, just found out about my friend Michael from Olney. He was the young man from Olney that was diagnosed with cancer shortly after Mark. Michael had 3 1/2 months cancer free. Just last week they found his cancer to have returned and he will again be receiving chemotherapy. Many prayers for strength for Terri and Michael as they get back in the ring.

Hope everyone has a splendid weekend. Oh and that reminds me. I forgot in my last post to let everyone know how wonderful last weekend was. My sister had a cabin at pk and she took my kids for the weekend. Mark and I were able to pop in and out as well. We had a fabulous time on the lake, and with family and visiting friends. It was so good that even running out of gas didn't seem so bad! Thanks to Wayne and Laverne for taking care of us. We owe you big.

Love to all, Missy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I did have some concerns about your sanity but...we love you anyway.
I know I hate cancer. I wish I could wiggle my nose and deliver all the world of it.
I know Gmother and Gdaddy were excited about going to see the kids and Mark. Lots of good cooking and spoiling going on this weekend.
Love you Mark, keep fighting and know that we are praying for you strength and peace.
Love you Missy and Kids, yall are the icing on the cake in Marks life.
Lil Sis

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys!!!! Love you all and pray for strength and guidance and peace that only God can provide:)
Susan

Anonymous said...

INSANITY RUNS IN OUR FAMILY ! WE HIDE "IT" VERY WELL. IF WE WERE SANE OR "NORMAL" WE WOULD BE UNABLE TO FUNCTION ON A DAILY BASIS! AS IT IS, WE TAKE THINGS IN OUR STRIDE, TELLING OURSELVES THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. MISSY AND I BOTH KNOW WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER OUR DESTINY....BUT THAT DOES NOT STOP US FROM TRYING OUR DARNDEST TO MAKE IT BETTER ! WE NEED TO "BLOW OFF STEAM" EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. I THINK THAT IT IS "HEALTHY", MAYBE NOT TOO SMART AT TIMES, BUT IT KEEPS OUR "INSANITY" SANE !! ??? MAKE SENSE?? OH WELL...
TO ALL THE BROWN & BEREND FAMILIES,
I LOVE YOU GUYS, YOU ARE FOREVER IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. KNOW THAT I AM HERE AND JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY.I, TOO, HATE CANCER AND WISH TO RID THE WORLD OF ITS EVILNESS...BUT UNTIL THAT TIME COMES, WE WILL BAND TOGETHER AND FIGHT LIKE THE DICKENS TO KICK "IT" IN THE BEHIND !!!!
AS ALWAYS,
IN MY HEART, IN MY THOUGHTS AND IN MY PRAYERS,
AUNTIE N

Anonymous said...

LOL! So happy to know all is going well for you. Stay happy!
We are still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Never apologize for being open and honest! It's what makes us all human!Besides, it helps us know better how to pray for you. We love you all and lift you up many times every day! I love you the mostest!!Big Sis

Anonymous said...

This one for Missy..I have been wanting to post something just for you ever since your last post, and I think I found it: a few words from Barbara Kipfer's things to appreciate: >eating Oreo cookies & then looking at your teeth > tracking mud thru the house > snappy comebacks to 'shut up' > T.T.F.W. = too tacky for words (a handy one for you these days?) > doodlebugs > tough feet > >cracker baskets > finding 2 good reasons to do something > Introverts Anonymous > the smell of Nair (huh?) > Answering the phone with "Joe's Pool Hall. Who in the hall do you want?" ...See? You're not nearly as crazy as the rest of us! And we love you DEARLY!..Prayers and hugs to you ALL! Janet

Anonymous said...

love the commercial !