Thursday, August 12, 2010

Okay, Missy has had it!

ONE MORE TIME, I am going to attempt to make this post. This is the THIRD time I have retyped this entire thing. The first one took my time to create. The second one explained how sometimes I H-A-T-E this blog. (Yes I spelled it because my mother taught me never to hate anything!) And yes, when I sent it, POOF - it was gone. And now I would just like to throw the computer out. If only I were not trying to take care of a bit of personal business at work this would probably not be happening! AAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. Think it is a security issue. SSSOOOOOOOO I came to the shop to try yet again to get out a little ole post. PPPLLLEEEEAAASEEE! Everyone got it. Missy is about to lose her mind over this computer thing. I even saved the second post - REPEATEDLY - and nothing
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH.

Okay. I am a little better now. Mark is right in the middle of treatment #5. I will remove his pump tomorrow. Then he will probably sleep most of the weekend and will get to enjoy being pampered by by his mom. Grandmother and Granddaddy will be helping Mark and the kids while I am in San Antonio. This weeks treatment was a little unusual. Always something NEW for us to experience. We were so thankful to get some new medicine for Mark to help with the anticipatory symptoms he was having prior to returning for treatments. We would have a good weekend and come Monday, he would start feeling poorly again. This time he took the medicine on Tuesday and had a better day than usual. It would appear that if you take too much of this medicine you will have difficulty talking, walking, driving, holding on to your coffee cup, holding on to your newspaper, remembering things you have said, censoring the thoughts in your head before speaking, and staying awake! Whew, he plum wore me out. But, the good news is he doesn't remember any of it. Oh, bits and pieces, but the treatment is a blur to him. probably because he could hardly open his eyes the entire day!

The plan now is to get scans prior to returning for chemo #6. We have decided to wait until the 23rd of August, anticipating a good weekend and then only having a couple of days to have to think about any results prior to going back to Baylor on the 25th. At that time we should be developing the next step in the plan. We hope for only great and positive things, but our prayer is really that God does what is right for us as only he knows what that is. And, that whatever the test show, he gives us the resources we need to persevere and continue fighting this dreaded disease. Mark is really awesome. It is amazing to be with him through this process. We all have much to learn from him.

Auntie N, I have not forgotten. My work for you is done. I must rewrite or retype as scratch on a papertowel is not acceptable form, but I will deliver ASAP. Thank you so much for all your hard work and if I can help in any way, please call on me.

Love to all, Missy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW ! Mark and I should be put in the same room ! We would make a great pair. I have 4 canes soooo between the 2 of us & the canes we should be able to stay upright! You have got to make LIGHT of it because that is all you can do.
If LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE, i should be all better. I continuously laugh at the things I do....Hang in there guys.....you will be OK.
Much love and prayers,
auntie n

Anonymous said...

We are still praying for you! Have a good weekend!
Always in my heart
Sandy C.

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you,Mark,and all your family.Much love,Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

"I don't know about tomorrow
I just live from day to day
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to gray
I dont worry oer the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside him
For he knows what is ahead
Many things about tomorrow
I dont seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand
Love you Big Sis