Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hello All

Oh my gosh!!!!! I just had this whole long post and it is gone! I saved it and it is gone. Okay, I want to cry, but instead, I will try to reproduce it. It has been a while since I posted, so it was long. We had a good couple of days last weekend and are already into mid week with chemo #7 starting today.

Saturday was crazy. I had talked myself out of softball games because Hawley was just a little far. Soooo, when they changed to Haskell, I got the kids up and dressed and got on the road, only to get to Haskell and find out it was moved to Hamlin. Now, I am already as far as Haskell, so you know I am not going to turn around. So we drove a long way and we froze our rears, but it was worth it. The girls played great ball, very fun to watch. This group of girls has been carrying a heavy weight with the loss of a good friend and teammate. They recently experienced what an impact this kind of mental and emotional stress can have and how it can eventually manifest itself. It was a huge reminder that we are all human. While many of us have strong minds, and others are great athletes and still others have the biggest hearts - none of us can acheive alone. We cannot carry the weight of the world inside of us and think we will not stumble. We have to give it up to God and know that he will carry it for us. This is a great group of girls and we are so proud of all of their accomplishments. No matter how far softball takes them, they are #1. Good luck to both the girls softball and boys baseball teams from Windthorst on their playoff run.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Austin. Where has the time gone? Where did my little 4 and 1/2 pound peanut go? Only a couple of more weeks and I will have a child in high school!. It can't be. We enjoyed a great family day on Sunday to celebrate his birthday.

Mark's chemo last time was pretty uneventful. I was convinced they had changed his dosing, but I was wrong. Just his lucky week I guess. Today started #7 and he is already a little drained. His potassium is low again and he just got over another bout of thrush. Just a constant "fixing" of all the little things. Again just little things in the grand scheme of it all.

I just have to put in an extra little note for a special prayer for my friend. I was crushed recently to find out about a friend who was diagnosed with cancer. Melissa and her husband Jeremy are a young couple in their 20's with 2 young children. She has had surgery and is scheduled for more surgery tomorrow and will follow with chemo and radiation. I know how strong this young family is. Both of Jeremy and Melissa's children were born with congenital heart disease. They have both undergone multiple surgeries with anticipation of more and ongoing monitoring. I have seen them rise up to this challenge with amazing faith and strength. I know that right now, this whole new occurence of events seems unthinkable. I just pray, pray, pray for her and her family during this difficult time.

Much love to all, I must get back to work. Missy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog makes me feel good, because it makes all of my problems seem so small.
I feel for Mark the thrush bit is relentless.
I heard about your friend with the cancer. I don't know her personally, but do know who she is. My heart goes out to her. I know they have been through so much already. They are obviously very strong.
I will pray for you all and her family. Please keep us in your prayers. love ya, LISA D

Anonymous said...

I sang Happy Birthday to Austin.
Did ANYONE hear me ????
I sang REALLY,REALLY LOUD !!
I hope his DAY was eXtra Special.
Seems just like yesterday that I was babysitting for YOU and your siblings ! Talk about time FLYING!!
And GOOD times they were !!
Another week comes to an end.
another treatment over with!!!
Another hurdle crossed.
All of you are in my thoughts & prayers.
Love,
Auntie N

Anonymous said...

The song "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman comes to my mind everday when I think of you...if you have time listen to this song and really think about the words.

SING ALONG WITH ME!!!: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death Your perfect love is casting out fear And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life I won't turn back I know You are near And I will fear no evil For my God is with me And if my God is with me Whom shall I fear? Oh no, You never let go Through the calm and through the storm Oh No, You never let go In every high and every low Oh No You never let go Lord, You Never let go of me. And I can see a light that is coming for the Heart that holds on a glorious light beyond all compare And there will be an end to these troubles but until that day comes We'll live to know You here on earth. Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on And there will be an end to these troubles But until that day comes Still I will praise You, Still I will Praise You!!!

Just makes you wanna stand up and shout and sing it!!!!! OH NO YOU NEVER LET GO, LORD YOU NEVER LET GO OF ME!!!!!!

Leann

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Austin! So true-hard to believe you have grown so much!
Missy, just wanted you to know that I will add Melissa & Jeremy's family to our prayers in my SS class, and I'll put their names on our board in there IF I can find room around all the names from the Brown families! My FCC friends continue to pray for you and Mark, as well as Gene & Dot, and all the others who are going through 'challenges.' It feels like you're part of OUR family!
We love you very much! God bless you every day!
Janet Fowler

Anonymous said...

WOW, IT'S THE WEEKEND AGAIN !!
HOW TIME FLIES.......
Hope all is going well and that everyone has an enjoyable holiday.
BE SAFE !! STAY COOL !!
Love & Prayers,
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

Mark I know that you are having a really tough week but know that you are still lifted up by so many people. I saw three different church prayer lists today and you were on all of them. There are people praying for you that you may never even know about. As the good book tells us, His strength is perfect when our strength is gone, He will carry us when we can't carry on....Love you little brother, I want to do something let me know what it needs to be.
Lil Sis

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY !!
HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH THE BROWN FAMILY, AND THAT YOU HAD AN ENJOYABLE HOLLIDAY.
ATE A HOTDOG OR TWO !!
MY CONTINUED THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS,
LOVE,
AUNT NELDA