Saturday, May 2, 2009

Funny how things work.

Each day I have tried to figure it all out. I still have no answer. This whole flu thing has got me puzzled. I won't burden anyone with my thoughts on that, just comment on the result of this big "scare". The whole world seems to have stopped. All except work that is! First the treatment was delayed, then the rest of the world! I am thinking that maybe we all just needed a big break and this is God's way of giving the gift of time to all of us. He brought a glorious rain and then postponed activities so that we could sit back and enjoy it. We have not been committed to anything anywhere for several nights now. We have been able to come home and rest or do just whatever we want, play ball, work in the yard, sleep, have a meal around the table at a decent hour, and the list goes on. Granted, there is plenty to do because much has been mounting for several months now. But more importantly, there is nothing we have to do. Also, in the midst of the recent tragedy in our community, I can even see that He gave us this break to allow time for friends to support each other. No conflicts, no out of town trips, no late schedules - free time to focus on the beginning of a healing process. Time that may seem unimportant right now will be recognized as a valuable gift down the road. Time, not only for those directly involved, but for the rest of us to PRAY. Many prayers are needed to carry our friends through their loss. I hope we all make the best use of our extra time.
Much love and warmest wishes to all, Missy

6 comments:

Mark said...

Hey, just wanted to check in and see how dad was doing. Wondering if he was doing any stuff lately. I want to tell him thanks for catching for me when I practice pitching. It helps me get a lot better. I love you, from Abby.

Anonymous said...

Had a good visit with the BROWN
family today. Was good to see them relaxed and UN-RUSHED...(Sorry Mark that you had to work but...we put YOUR MONEY to good use at POSADA !!)
Was going to offer to feed them supper but glad I didn't !! After I found out what they did have my
MAZIO's Pizza seemed kinda yucky !!
Hope you all enjoyed your day despite the drizzle & cold. Now get those pots filled with pretty plants !!! If you need any more of the "purple stuff" or the "green plant" just let me know.
Love you guys !!
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...did you get ALL those flowers planted for you MOM ???
Have you gotten her a MOTHERS DAY gift yet ? I know just THE place you can go to get her something she would really really like !!! Have you ever heard of POSADA POTS?
She would "LOVE" for you to get her something from there. Tell
Uncle David it is for SOMEONE SPECIAL and see if he won't HELP you out !!! OK !!
Love you guys !
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to share something with Mark, so I found this poem. Love, Janet
ps to Landon: 'Ciao' has been borrowed by other languages and they spell it many different ways, so you ain't so wrong! Molto bene!

"I REFUSE TO BE DISCOURAGED"

I Refuse to be discouraged, to be sad or to cry
I Refuse to be down-hearted and here's the reason why
I have a GOD who's Mighty, who's Sovereign and Supreme
I have a GOD who loves me, and I am on HIS team

HE is all Wise and Powerful, JEHOVAH IS HIS name
Though everything is changeable, my GOD remains the same
My GOD knows all that's happening, beginning to the end
HIS Presence is my comfort, HE is my "DEAREST FRIEND"

When sickness comes to weaken me,
to bring my head down low
I call upon my Mighty GOD, into HIS arms I go
When circumstances threaten, to rob me of my peace
HE draws me close unto HIS breast, where all my strivings cease

When my heart melts within me, and weakness takes control
HE gathers me into HIS arms, HE soothes my heart and soul
The great "I AM" is with me, my life is in HIS hand
The "GOD OF JACOB" is my Hope, it's in HIS strength I stand

I Refuse to be defeated, my eyes are on my GOD
HE has promised to be with me, as through this life I trod
I'm looking past all circumstance, to Heaven's throne above
My prayers have reached the heart of GOD,
I'm resting in HIS love
I give GOD thanks in everything, my eyes are on HIS face
The Battle's HIS, the Victory mine, HE'LL help me win life's race.

by Lita Kurtzer

Anonymous said...

Had a good visit with Mark today at the store. I came back to get what I was told I COULD NOT HAVE last week !!!!
Extended invite to noon meal on Sunday. Dessert seemed so lame!!
Come on by if you can !
Have a GREAT FRIDAY
Love you guys
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

TGIF !!!!!!
YEA!!!It's the WEEKEND !!
I get to REST ?!??
Maybe. I just DO NOT have to go to work !!
Hope all of you have a GREAT FRIDAY
ENJOY!
LOVE YOU GUYS!
Aunt Nelda