Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WoooHooo.

Mark is sleeping soooo well. Unfortunately, I am not! His scratching woke me up which started my head to spinning with all of the things I am behind on! The jaundice is making his skin itch terribly. I think he scratches without even knowing. I was wide awake, so I felt like God was giving me an opportunity to be productive!

So many things have been happening. It is unbelievable the way everything has some together. We have been in contact with Dr. Diaz several times since the last post. The latest news is that he will be coming here to treat Mark "extensively" for one week. I must be honest to say that I don't know exactly what that means! And it is amazing that it doesn't even matter! What is important is that, by the Grace of God, a prayer has been answered. A prayer to bring the answers and lay them before us because we are too weary to go get them. Ask and you shall receive! We know that Dr. Diaz is, at present, in Mexico gathering supplies to treat Mark. Treatment will include a combination of nutritional therapy, infusions and alternative therapies. Another house call?! I think I better pinch me. Is this for real? I can't be for certain yet so we just go with the flow as we have no other option. Also, we have been in contact with the oncologist regarding Mark's liver function. He is aware of his labs and the severity of what is at hand, but is concerned that the obstruction msy not be able to be relieved due to its location. He said we would discuss this when we returned on the 31st.

Mark is doing fair. He is resting better. His energy is very low although he has brief spurts of normalcy every now and then. With him being less able to "run" as we are used to, we have been very fortunate to have some visitors to come and lift his spirits. He really appreciates the visits and it is so nice to see him enjoying himself in the presence of friends and family. These guys below had a great time reminiscing on Sunday. They may be older, but they remember like it was yesterday!




Thanks so much to all of you for your constant support. You keep us going with your notes, cards, food, lights, prayers, visits, help at work and at home, help with the kids, and on and on and on. We could never be making it without all of you.

With so much love, Missy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy and Mark your faith is encouraging to all of us, Iknow it is to me. Your constant perseverance and drive makes me realize as I have been told a million times, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. God is so working in your lives and God is working in our lives by allowing us to walk through this and help even in small ways. It is during these times that we realize we are not alone. You both are such an inspiration to me and God is using you to show us Mercy, Grace, and what faith can do. Love you with every beat of my heart.
Lil Sis

Anonymous said...

AMEN! LIL SIS...
David took me back a step, and made me THINK !!
I was "complaining" of sorts and commented "HOW CAN I HAVE 1 MARVELOUS DAY AND THEN THE NEXT 2 OR 3 OR 4 ARE THE PITS?"
He looks at me and says
"Just be sure to ENJOY that 1 day"
BAM ! HERE'S YOUR SIGN !
I try to take it a day at a time,
I look at Mark on this "BLOG" EVERYDAY...He & Missy are my HERO!
I take strength,courage & FAITH from them. I learn from them.
FAITH-what a BIG word...you have got to open your heart to FAITH and BELIEVE. Believe with your whole heart that your FAITH is STRONGER than you. I am feeling a little "RUFF" today BUT... to read Missy's update,to hear that Mark is sleeping better (now to work on Missy) and to see the picture of Mark & friends, make my HEART swell
and I feel that MARK's Smile will get me thru another day.
Mark & Missy makes one "FEEL GOOOD"
just thinking of them.
KUDOS TO MARK & MISSY !!
LOVE YOU GUYS !
As always,forever in my Heart & prayers.lov from
auntie n

Anonymous said...

WOW! How awesome ya'll are because of the awesome God that you serve. Your faith is the kind that can move mountains, and so many of us draw strength from being touched by you. We are praying and believing that a miracle is going to happen in the next few weeks that will bring healing into Mark's body. It just may well be through Dr. Diaz. Always remember that we love you and pray daily for the Brown family. With lots of love!
Jerry and Wanda

Anonymous said...

we are praying for you guys every single night .. julia never forgets to pray for "cousin mark." i hope things keep falling into place and i hope mark gets lots of spurts of good energy! lots of thoughts and prayers,
matthew and becky

Anonymous said...

Praying that all comes out well for you all. Mark is so strong with all that he has going on. lOve you all and if I may help in any way do call on me.
Always in my heart
Sandy C.

Anonymous said...

I HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED WITH GOD'S 'DIVINE INTERVENTION' TIME AND TIME AGAIN IN MY LIFE. THE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT HAVE MADE DR. DIAZ AVAILABLE ARE SO AWESOME AND OBVIOUSLY 'DIVINE INTERVENTION'--AND IN YOUR AREA NO LESS. HOW I THANK GOD THAT YOU KNOW HIM, LOVE HIM, LEAN ON HIM. I SEND UP 'SOS SIGNALS' TO OUR FATHER THROUGHOUT THE DAY. ("SOS SIGNALS" ARE DOT'S LANGUAGE FOR SHORT, FREQUENT PRAYERS IN YOUR BEHALF.) I LOVE YOU AND YOURS DEARLY. "SOS"ING FOR YOU!
WITH LOVE, DOTTIE LOWREY, KNOX CITY, TEXAS

Anonymous said...

LOVE that your Munday classmates surprised you with a visit, Mark! That's just awesome! We're thankful that God has lead you to Dr. Diaz. We continue to pray for a miracle and have faith that it will happen! We love you all!
Hugs! ~The McAfee's

Anonymous said...

Love and prayers to you!!!!!
Susan, Jay and the boys