Sunday, January 17, 2010

We're home!!!!

Well I'll have to catch up. I came home to work and be with the kids on Friday. I had plans to go back Friday night, but I kind of got too tired to drive back. Judy stayed with Mark Friday night. By 930 the next morning when I arrived, he was a different person. Obviously feeling much better, moving better and being ornery. Dr. Hurley came in to see him and advanced him to full liquids and made a plan for him to go home! Mark was ready and was fine with going home on liquids. Basically he will just have to take eating slowly and do what he can tolerate. Everyone seems to be different in how quickly they are able to eat again.

He was so glad to be home. And, just when I thought he was going to lay down and take a nap, he decided to go hog hunting! He looked out the back window, saw the hogs and just had to go. Never mind the gun got too heavy for him to carry, so he had to hand it off to me. I think a little adrenalin has been pretty good medicine! And at least we are one less hog anyway.

He had an okay night after about 330am and as we speak is watching the cowboys try to pull out another playoff game.

Many, many, many thanks to all of the help from everyone keeping things going at home. Donna did an awesome job with the kids and mom and dad were great to help her also. It means the world to us to know that the kids were in good hands.

Thanks to everyone following and praying, Missy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GLAD YOU ARE HOME "ELMER FUDD"
(A NEW NAME-BUT HE HUNTED WASCALLY WABBITS!) THANK GOODNESS MISSY WAS AWALKIN' WITH YA !! AND ARE WE "SURE" THAT YOU & I ARE NOT BLOOD RELATED ?? THAT IS WHAT I WOULD DO THE FIRST DAY OF FREEDOM..
GO AND ENJOY NATURE !! ISN'T LIFE GRAND ?!?!! AND WHAT A GORGEOUS DAY IT IS TODAY ! I LOVE YOU
MARK BROWN AND ALL THE LITTLE BROWNS..YOUR FAMILY IS A INSPIRATION TO ALL WHO KNOW YOU !
MY PRAYERS FOR YOUR CONTINUED HEALING. THANK YOU MARK BROWN FOR BEING YOU !! AS ALWAYS
IN MY HEART IN MY THOUGHTS AND
IN MY PAYERS
LOVE FROM AUNTIE N

Anonymous said...

You are my hero baby brother. I love you very much. Even if you did laugh when Tracy called me your grandma! Big Sis