Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hotter than Heck!

Wow, we suffered through only one day of Landon's baseball and I am sure glad we are not doing it again tomorrow. Of course, the reason we are not is that we did not fair so well in the tournament today! We were a little outclassed.....and overheated, and we were just sitting in the stands. Praise God for whoever provided the recent canopies over the bleachers. Oh well. chalk it up to experience. We did get in a little R and R at Danny and Sherry's. We camped out there and invaded the pool and the air conditioning in between games! Austin missed the heat and is having a great time indoors at the Diocesan Catholic Youth Conference in Dallas (per his 11:30pm call last night).

So far so good with this treatment. We took his pump off on Friday and so far it hasn't been to bad. He did sit out in the heat and that has made his hands a little worse. He does complain of food not tasting good either. Other than a few small things, it hasn't slowed him down.

Right now he got a late craving for some steak. Sooooo, 10:00 pm and we have the grill going. It's even pretty late for the Brown's. Must be the 2 1/2 hour nap we took today!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Love to all, Missy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for that late night craving. The plate you brought me at work would be qualified as a fine meal with steak, potatoes, squash, corn on the cob and cake. I loved it. Everyone at work was jealous. Keep the faith, love you all.
Lil Sis

Anonymous said...

Must say something about your NURSING SKILLS.
Are you not the one who told me "The Better the Nurse...
The Bigger the Cookie " ?
THEREFORE.... I conclude that Mark has ONE HECK of a NURSING LIL SIS !
He is ONE LUCKY GUY !
I too envy the late night craving!!
Where in the WORLD did Missy come up with a GOOD Steak at that time of the night ?!?!? If Missy is ANYTHING like our Grandmother, I AM SURE all of the Veggies came out of their garden. What I wouldn't give for those days !!
YOU MUST HAVE FELT HONORED !
Take care Mark Brown & families...
I Love You Guys !!
STAY IN WHERE IT IS COOL !!!
if yo can.
Love,
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

just checking in to make sure THE BROWN FAMILIES are OK .
Staying cool and drinking LOTS of
fluids !!!
Love you GUYS LOADS !!
In my prayers daily!
In My Heart In My Thoughts and in
My Prayers
Love from Auntie N

Anonymous said...

We sure need a new post in your spare time. haha 2 more to go and then you can cross another bridge. I believe that God will give you the strength to keep on fighting. If you need a lil big sis I am here. I loved having Landon ride with me to Munday and getting to see him while he was there. Now it is the other kids turn. Love ya.
Lil Sis