Monday, June 1, 2009

School is out.

I think I should have been a teacher? Sure would like to be out for the summer! You know, I always thought I would be a teacher when I was tired of nursing, that was until the TAKS test came along. What ever happened to the good ole achievement tests. Those were the days. Anyway, we enjoyed seeing Austin graduate into the high school. I am not sure he had anything on his mind but whether he would make the ball game that night. Abby and Landon are really excited about the break as well.

Congrats to the Trojans on advancing to regional finals ( I think that is the right round???). I know I witnessed a huge number of true blue fans. Anyone who sits roasting in that kind of heat must either bleed blue or need to have their head examined. Thanks to all those who confirmed the miserable conditions. I think Mark thought I was being a little pansy. A huge thank you to James and Gwen for a little shade. I should have found you 13 innings earlier.

Many applause to our Tanna for being the valedictorian of the Windthorst graduating class. All that hard work eventually pays off! And to my nephew Justin, we look forward to celebrating the end of your high school years next week also. You guys make us really proud and our kids really look up to you. You should be very proud of yourselves as well.

This is chemo week. #8 starts Wednesday. Mark has had a pretty good week leading into it. I know everyone is so proud of how good he looks. It makes it really difficult to even think that there is anything going on with him. Believe it or not, I can on think of a very few times that he actually looked sick through all of this. We are so lucky. Daily we are reminded of how much worse it could be. So bad, in fact, that sometimes we even feel lucky to be where we are!. God is good. We have an appointment scheduled with the cardio thoracic surgeon on August 11th. Of course that is pending the end of chemo treatments. We have it all planned and lined out. We all know what that will do for us. In time we will know if God's plan works out even similiar to how our plan looks on paper!?!

Congrats to Michael Wipperman. Michael is the young man I have requested prayers for. He is undergoing treatment at MD Anderson. I believe has received three treatments and they have seen miraculous change in the cancer in his body. They feel that his cancer is 85-90% gone. Many kudos to all of those people who walk all night so that successes like these are possible.

God is good. Love to all, Missy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Missy. Now it is time for bed !! Time for YOU to rest. Congrats to Mr.Austin and
Miss Victoria Anderle as they head onto new adventures of HIGH SCHOOL!
Saw a BEAUTIFUL picture of
Austin and Mary Margaret Wolf taken
at graduation. THANK YOU AUSTIN.
I WOULD HAVE been upset if you would not have let her take it. I am NOW waiting for MY COPY !!
KUDOS go out to TANNA ! GOOD JOB !
I KNOW YOUR MOM IS JUST BUSTING AT THE SEAMS .
MY LOVE AND PRAYERS TO MARK SO HE
CONTINUES TO STAY STRONG AND
"KEEPS THE FAITH"
Mark,be thankful that I DO NOT bug you when you are on FACEBOOK !!
You DO NOT know how hard it is for me NOT TO SAY "HI" Know that when I see you "online" that I am saying
"HI, handsome,how are ya ?" "Doing OK ?" "Love ya" Auntie Nelda

Anonymous said...

Tonight we POWER EAT. In your honor
Mark I am fixing spaghetti and salad for supper with green beans and garlic toast. Will have a piece of left over ICE CREAM B-DAY CAKE for dessert. Get LOTS of rest this EVENING so you can be
HALE AND HEARTY in the MORNING !!
Greet the day with open arms and a SMILE !! MANY MANY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS are coming your way.......
When I see you online this PM.. I promise NOT TO BOTHER YOU !!!
Just know that I LOVE YOU LOADS !
AUNTIE NELDA

Anonymous said...

So you are 3/4 of the way through? Great!! Mark, if your head gets cold, I still have my wig--wanna borrow it? Glad you are not feeling so sick! Love and prayers, Jan and Jeff

Anonymous said...

IT'S FRIDAY !!!
Do You Get To REST this Weekend??
I SURE HOPE SO.
Have a GREEAAAT WEEKEND !!!!!!
Love and Prayers,
Aunt Nelda

Anonymous said...

Another weekend is upon us!
Hope it finds the Brown Family well
and happy. I suppose No news is Good news. I feel sure you made the trip to Austin to watch THE
BALLGAMES. The heat must have been horrible.
HAVE A GREAT WWEKEND
Love,Auntie N