Wednesday, October 14, 2009

1 year

It's hard to believe marked one year since Mark's cancer diagnosis. Wow, so much has happened and it seems like it all happened in the last month. We have been so lucky. When I think of all the "ups" and downs, I am certain that the "ups" win hands down. I can remember writing about the roller coaster at certain times, but looking back on a bigger picture in the rear view mirror makes all of those valleys seems much smaller. GOD IS GOD.
Today I can't even imagine how we found time to fit cancer and treatments and surgeries and appointments into our schedule! Just like the rest of the world, we are non-stop all the time. Mark is into play practice now with production scheduled for the last two weekends in November and the first weekend in December. Landon is busy with football and piano and band. Austin also has football and is adding Wednesday night religion and Abby is still into her softball and gymnastics. She perfected the back handspring and in the same day did two in a row. She finally has some confidence with it. It's been an exciting week for her.
My kids have already started telling me what they want for Christmas, and I am desperately trying to get on the ball and be disciplined enough to get started on that - ahead of time. (ahead of time would be a little out of character for me, but we can always change right?
Mark's follow up to his last PET scan will be within the next month, but we don't have it scheduled yet. We will let you in on any new news. Thanks to all of you who continue to pray for and leave messages for us. (Thank you Auntie N.) WE ARE SO BLESSED. We love you all. Missy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL HELLO BROWN FAMILY !
oH SOOOOO VERY GOOD TO HEAR FROM
YOU AND TO GET AN UPDATE ON THE FAMILY. SOUNDS LIKE THINGS ARE GOING AS USUAL ! ENJOY TALKING TO LANDON ON FACEBOOK...HOPE HE DOESN'T GET TOOOOO UPSET WHEN I CALL HIM A LITTLE TWERP ! HE IS JUST TOOO SMART FOR HIS OWN GOOD.
ANXIOUS TO HEAR IF HE ASKED YOU ABOUT PARKINSON'S ?!?!? IT IS VEEERY VEEERY LATE SO OFF TO BED I GO. KEEP THE FAITH !!
MY LOVE AND PRAYERS,
AUNTIE N

Anonymous said...

If I had a nickle for every time you all come to my mind, I would be a rich woman! I love you all very much and I am so thankful for the way that God has provided in the past months. I continue to trust Him and strive to learn and live more in His grace. See you soon! Aunt Judy (aka Big Sis)

Anonymous said...

Good evening Brown Family !
Hope you had a great Saturday and were able to enjoy such a glorious day. Wasn't it beautiful out today ? I did my usual Saturday AM Estate Sales! WOW what a HAUL !!
Christmas is going to be bursting forth from the Schreiber House again this year ! MORE TREES !!!!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS !! OPEN HOUSE
Friday,Dec.11,2009, 3PM until ??
I am having the residents from
Rolling Meadows bused over at 3PM on that Friday ! I do not know who is more excited...the Residents or ME !! I just LOVE those litte ole people..they are sooooo inspiring. It is the least I could do for them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. LOVE YOU GUYS--Keep your STRONG FAITH !
Love Auntie N

Anonymous said...

Hope you have the fires burning.
HONEY. ..IT'S COOOOLD OUTSIDE !
I just got up from a nap,threw back the afghan.. dang !!!!!
Someone had let the freezer doors open ! MUST BE at least 20 degrees
COLDER in the house !! I'M COLD !
And THAT is a rarity.
Hope things are going well with everyone. Think of you often.... especial when MR.LANDON sabotages my farm on FB !!!
Take Care of Each Other.
My love and prayers.
Auntie N

Anonymous said...

Was great to have the Brown Family visit my home this afternoon...even
if Mr.Landon THOUGHT he could get away with sitting in the CAR !! There were so many people I really did not get to visit like I would have. My count was 67+ people. Hard to get in a good visit with eveybody but I SURE TRIED !
Abby,hope my "BABY" has found a good home with you..better take good care of her.
Mark,be sure to remind of your performance.. Missy ,you hang in there..My love to all
Auntie N

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO THE BROWN'S
HOPE YOUR DAY WAS AS FULL AND EXCITING AS MINE. STARTED OUT AT ROLLING MEADOWS VISITING WITH AND HANDING OUT TREATS TO THE RESIDENTS ! SURE DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO PUT A SMILE ON THEIR FACES ! WORK,HOSPICE CENTER,POSADA POTS THEN BACK HOME AGAIN. EXHAUSTED BUT OH SO HAPPY !
WISHING YOU A HAPPY HALLOWS EVE!
LOVE YOU GUYS BUNCHES,
AUNTIE N